Notion.so and Language Learning

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
jmar257
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), español (Intermediate), français (Lower Intermediate), deutsch (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=15645

Notion.so and Language Learning

Postby jmar257 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:17 am

I recently learned of a website/app/tool/whatever called Notion. I was actually originally drawn to it as a way to store recipes and travel to do lists among other simple tasks, but quickly learned that people harness the power of this tool for an insanely broad array of things. I'm still wrapping my head around everything it can do, but I wanted to ask the forum: Do you (or have you) used Notion in any way to aid in language learning? The first (simplistic) thing I thought of is that it would make an amazing Super Challenge tracker/dashboard, but upon doing some googling I found plenty of YouTube videos of people setting up daily activity trackers, journals, note repositories, some people even using it for flashcards/learning phrases. I have yet to have a solid idea of an immediate use for myself (maybe in the future as the aforementioned Super Challenge tracker when I learn the tool better, and definitely as a notebook for the next resource I start). I feel like some people get way too into making it into the ultimate organizational tool vs. actually being productive, but maybe as I get more used to using it my view will change on that.

NB to mods: I'm in no way affiliated with Notion and it is free to use for personal use. I will remove the link if this seems to promotion-y. Some competitors are Airtable and Evernote, among others, so maybe someone has used those to great benefit with language learning; I'd like to hear that too!
2 x
Feel free to give me corrections in any of my target languages!

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”