Book scanner recommendations

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
n_j_f
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)

Studying:
French (B1), German (A2)

Up Next:
Persian, Russian

Flirting With:
Sanskrit

On the back-burner:
Turkish, Irish

Bucket List:
Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Hindi/Urdu, Ancient Greek, Latin, Old Church Slavonic, Modern Greek, Tamil, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Welsh, Arabic

Book scanner recommendations

Postby n_j_f » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:45 pm

Finally after three years I've been able to log back into the forum!

Just wondering for anyone that scans language resources if they have a particular recommendation. I'm not very techie at all and the one line of scanners that often seems to be recommended is Czur but they have several models available.

On the one hand, money isn't an object but I'm not wanting to spend more than, say $600USD/$1000AUD.

Main features I'm looking for: fairly quick scanning, accurate OCR for multiple languages, immediately converts to searchable PDFS, and, very important straightens lines (especially for books that don't lie flat) and ideally ones that eliminate pencil marks and other marks. Most important really is one that can scan tightly bound books that won't lie flat, like your typical paperback. I use the iPad or smart phone for large books that lie flat and it's very time consuming although tolerable, but for your typical paperback it's a complete write off.

Any ideas and recommendations would be much appreciated.
2 x

språker
Yellow Belt
Languages: Swedish (N), English (C1), German (B2), French (A2), Lithuanian (B1 -- studying)

Re: Book scanner recommendations

Postby språker » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:22 am

My experience is only with flat-bed scanners, and no text recognition, but a youtuber I follow recently made a review of a Czur scanner, that you might find interesting:

Tech Tangents: CZUR ET24Pro - Easy 320DPI Book Scanning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL42XrVkHkY
2 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”