"Restarting" Spanish - Not Sure What To Do

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Re: "Restarting" Spanish - Not Sure What To Do

Postby PeterMollenburg » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:19 am

FRAnglais1919 wrote:Destinos is free btw

It might be free in terms of streaming the video, but for the OP I'm recommending using all components of Destinos: An Introduction to Spanish, and as far as I know, the other components aren't free. I don't know how you used FIA, FRAnglais1919, but you might be suggesting what a lot of language learners are known to do with these two programs. That is, watch the videos (and perhaps locate transcripts) and use no other (really comprehensive) elements/components of these courses. I highly recommend using the textbook of Destinos, Workbooks, videos and audio components altogether as you then learn it all; reading, writing, vocabulary, listening skills, speaking if you speak aloud, and in doing so it is a much more comprehensive way to learn than just watching the videos alone.

--------------------------------------
Apologies if I'm wrong on how you used FIA FRAnglais1919, but if I am wrong, then were you actually able to locate all components free of charge for FIA?

Edited for typos
3 x

FRAnglais1919
White Belt
Languages: French
English (N)

Re: "Restarting" Spanish - Not Sure What To Do

Postby FRAnglais1919 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:49 pm

PeterMollenburg wrote:
FRAnglais1919 wrote:Destinos is free btw

It might be free in terms of streaming the video, but for the OP I'm recommending using all components of Destinos: An Introduction to Spanish, and as far as I know, the other components aren't free. I don't know how you used FIA, FRAnglais1919, but you might be suggesting what a lot of language learners are known to do with these two programs. That is, watch the videos (and perhaps locate transcripts) and use no other (really comprehensive) elements/components of these courses. I highly recommend using the textbook of Destinos, Workbooks, videos and audio components altogether as you then learn it all; reading, writing, vocabulary, listening skills, speaking if you speak aloud, and in doing so it is a much more comprehensive way to learn than just watching the videos alone.

--------------------------------------
Apologies if I'm wrong on how you used FIA FRAnglais1919, but if I am wrong, then were you actually able to locate all components free of charge for FIA?

Edited for typos

I was referring to the videos. Alas, the workbooks aren't free. I do agree with you, though, in that OP would get more out of the course if he had the accompanying textbooks.
3 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”