subs2srs - is there a way to customize it?

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
FeoGringo
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (beginner)

subs2srs - is there a way to customize it?

Postby FeoGringo » Sat May 28, 2022 9:10 pm

I know a few members on here have dabbled in subs2srs in the past. I have done a bit of dabbling myself. I actually love it for intensive listening. The problem is the default format results in cards with audio and target language subtitle on the front with native language translation on the back. I would love to have my cards formatted so there is only the audio on the front to really test listening comprehension and then subtitles on the back. If anyone is more tech savvy than me (99% of the forum members I'm sure) and has any idea what I'm talking about and has suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: subs2srs - is there a way to customize it?

Postby rdearman » Sat May 28, 2022 11:27 pm

FeoGringo wrote:I know a few members on here have dabbled in subs2srs in the past. I have done a bit of dabbling myself. I actually love it for intensive listening. The problem is the default format results in cards with audio and target language subtitle on the front with native language translation on the back. I would love to have my cards formatted so there is only the audio on the front to really test listening comprehension and then subtitles on the back. If anyone is more tech savvy than me (99% of the forum members I'm sure) and has any idea what I'm talking about and has suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

I am on a phone so can't give detailed instructions, but basically just edit / manage notetypes and edit the front of the card template and remove all the fields except for the audio. You should seriously consider investing some time in reading the manual since it tells you all this. :D
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

FeoGringo
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (beginner)

Re: subs2srs - is there a way to customize it?

Postby FeoGringo » Mon May 30, 2022 12:41 am

rdearman wrote:I am on a phone so can't give detailed instructions, but basically just edit / manage notetypes and edit the front of the card template and remove all the fields except for the audio. You should seriously consider investing some time in reading the manual since it tells you all this. :D

Haha. Ok thank you. I will take a look at the manual!
1 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”