Geronimo Stilton books in original Italian

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
stell
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (perpetual toddler), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17696

Re: Geronimo Stilton books in original Italian

Postby stell » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:00 pm

Oh, I LOVE those books! Those were the first books that I read in Italian, and they're so much fun. I probably read a half dozen of them, but I didn't read them in any particular order...I just grabbed whatever I could find at the public library. My third grade students also loved those books in French, and they would just read whichever one had a cover that they liked. I don't believe that the story progresses in any way...like most series aimed at very young readers, each book is a standalone, although you do get to know the characters over time.

They're fantastic first novels because there's so much graphic support. I remember learning the word for "cracked" because the word was written in large cracked letters. (Do I remember the word for cracked now? No, I do not. But that's not the point. Ha!) Also, they're obviously for children, but the stories are interesting enough to hold an adult learner's attention.

Have fun!
1 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”