Did you read Anna Karenina And War&Peace? At what level on the CEFR language framework?

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
lusan
Green Belt
Languages: Spanish(Native)
English (Naïve)
French(Intermediate)
Italian(Intermediate)
Polish(In Alcatraz)

Re: Did you read Anna Karenina And War&Peace? At what level on the CEFR language framework?

Postby lusan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:13 pm

german2k01 wrote:Hello Guys,

I would like to read the translation works of these two giant Russian novels by Tolstoi in German. I am wondering at what level should I approach reading them? Did anyone of you ever try reading them in the target languages you were trying to learn?
How was your overall experience dealing with them? Was it laborious? Did you feel comfortable? At what language level did you try reading them in your TL?

Thanks.

I read them many years ago in Spanish. One of my tasks is to read them again but in Italian. It will take a while though.

Besides their intrinsic value, I love reading very long novels... Give me 800+ pages and I am happy.
3 x
Italian, polish, and French dance
FSI Basic French Lessons : 10 / 24 17 of 24 goal

FyrsteSumarenINoreg
Yellow Belt
Languages: Croatian (N), proficient in Brazilian Portuguese, fluent in English (C1 IELTS band 8.0), conversant in Italian and Spanish, learning Norwegian Nynorsk, Bengali & Malayalam

Re: Did you read Anna Karenina And War&Peace? At what level on the CEFR language framework?

Postby FyrsteSumarenINoreg » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:58 pm

This Anna Karenina sample in English looks like something between B2 and C1. :D
1 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”