How can I display 2 sections when doing my FlashCards daily? (picture in body of text)

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
lost
Languages: English (N), Chinese (beginner)

How can I display 2 sections when doing my FlashCards daily? (picture in body of text)

Postby lost » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:15 am

I'm doing a premade flash card deck I found online to learn Chinese, but right now it only displays Simplified on front side and English translation on the backside when I flip it over. However if I go to "browse" on the deck, it shows up like this:

https://imgur.com/a/9OdyPg3

So there are already traditional characters embedded within the card. How do I change the settings so that it shows BOTH simplified and traditional on front side - and then English when I click to the backside?
0 x

RawToast
Languages: English (N), Japanese (JLPT N3)

Re: How can I display 2 sections when doing my FlashCards daily? (picture in body of text)

Postby RawToast » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 am

You need to edit the card template for that note type. This looks like Anki, so when you select/click on a note in the browser there should a button just above the bit you took a screenshot of labelled "Cards". That will open a new window where you can change the template, it should be pretty reasonable.

There should be a block of html containing {{Simplified}}. , so copy paste that entire block and replace {{Simplified}} with {{Traditional}}
0 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”