hearing practice with issues

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Ccaesar
Orange Belt
Languages: Danish (N) English (B2-C1) German (B1-B2) Italian(B1), Japanese (beginner)

hearing practice with issues

Postby Ccaesar » Thu May 06, 2021 3:29 pm

Hello everyone
I am asking out of curiosity.
Does anyone have experience in dealing with tinnitus in their learning?
2 x
Hiragana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Katakana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Kanji : 50 / 2000
Assimil Japanese with Ease : 27 / 100

Le Baron
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), fr, nl, de, eo, Sranantongo,
Maintaining: es, swahili.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18796

Re: hearing practice with issues

Postby Le Baron » Mon May 10, 2021 11:52 am

I do actually and it can be a nuisance after I've been using earphones for listening (even during). I switched to a headset, but it's more conspicuous when you're out and about.

After listening I can get a bit of ringing in the ear and it is a nuisance distracting from the calm when you stop listening and soak up what you've heard. For me it's not constant, so I just manage it with volume control. If yours is worse it's worth having it looked at. A guy I know from another forum had his treated and is now back to listening to music. Prior to that he couldn't even listen.
2 x

Ccaesar
Orange Belt
Languages: Danish (N) English (B2-C1) German (B1-B2) Italian(B1), Japanese (beginner)

Re: hearing practice with issues

Postby Ccaesar » Tue May 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Le Baron wrote:I do actually and it can be a nuisance after I've been using earphones for listening (even during). I switched to a headset, but it's more conspicuous when you're out and about.

After listening I can get a bit of ringing in the ear and it is a nuisance distracting from the calm when you stop listening and soak up what you've heard. For me it's not constant, so I just manage it with volume control. If yours is worse it's worth having it looked at. A guy I know from another forum had his treated and is now back to listening to music. Prior to that he couldn't even listen.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I am so lucky I also have inflammation in my arms on top of that. Yes it's most of the time and without an apparent reason. What kind of treatment? I am very curious!
1 x
Hiragana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Katakana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Kanji : 50 / 2000
Assimil Japanese with Ease : 27 / 100

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”