Word lists: Quizlet alternative

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
einzelne
Blue Belt
Languages: Russan (N), English (Working knowledge), French (Reading), German (Reading), Italian (Reading on Kindle)

Word lists: Quizlet alternative

Postby einzelne » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:04 pm

Apparently, Quizlet decided to remove the printing layout feature on their website, and I'm angry as [censored]. So, I'm looking for nice and neat alternatives for printing lists of words (see attachment), since I prefer to use lists for vocabulary reviewing.

Any recommendations?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Sayonaroo
Green Belt
Languages: English(N), Japanese -fluent?, Korean - advanced?, Spanish (b1?)
Language Log: http://choronghi.wordpress.com

Re: Word lists: Quizlet alternative

Postby Sayonaroo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:35 pm

only thing that comes to mind is the quizlet import plugin for anki 2.1. but then you'd have to install anki, install the plugin, import the quizlet set, export the quizlet set, do what you will to format it and print it.
0 x

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Postby smallwhite » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Are you aware of the Print and Export functions near the Delete function, or do they not meet your needs? (Your example looks like plain ol' printing to me so can't tell what you're after).
0 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

einzelne
Blue Belt
Languages: Russan (N), English (Working knowledge), French (Reading), German (Reading), Italian (Reading on Kindle)

Postby einzelne » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:53 pm

smallwhite wrote:Are you aware of the Print and Export functions near the Delete function, or do they not meet your needs? (Your example looks like plain ol' printing to me so can't tell what you're after).

When you push the print button, you no longer have an option for choosing your print layout. I really liked their table layout: two columns, up to 80 entries on one page (depending on the length of words/expressions) — you could quickly skim through the page while reviewing.
1 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”