Remnote update

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Ccaesar
Orange Belt
Languages: Danish (N) English (B2-C1) German (B1-B2) Italian(B1), Japanese (beginner)

Remnote update

Postby Ccaesar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:19 pm

Hello everyone
Earlier I asked if anyone had tried using remnote for their language learning. I took the leap today.
After going through the tutorial and googling a bit, I quickly saw how it beats anki. Notetaking + flashcard building combined. It eliminates the "middle task". Which makes it more attractive and less of a strain to create cards. They have image occlusion, clozed deletion and a type the answer option. I haven't tried adding sound to the cards yet, but I am hooked for using it for European languages. Today I did something I have wanted to for a long time, but avoided when thinking of manually creating all the anki cards. Learning the words in Italian for the body that I don't know. I now have several image occlusion cards + basic word and translation cards.

I think anki wins when it comes to learning languages with a different alphabet because it can help you with stroke order too.
I think the "portal" option and the "rem directional links" will prove useful not just in language learning but in concept learning as well.
P.s.
So far I am trying out the free version.
0 x
Hiragana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Katakana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Kanji : 50 / 2000
Assimil Japanese with Ease : 27 / 100

Ccaesar
Orange Belt
Languages: Danish (N) English (B2-C1) German (B1-B2) Italian(B1), Japanese (beginner)

Re: Remnote update

Postby Ccaesar » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Update:
After having messed around with the programme and watched various tutorials on youtube I have to say that cloze deletion cards might be a little tricker to make, but if you want your basic word to word card it's easy. There is also an option to create type the answer cards. I tried to upload a picture I took of a grammar table in my book, but it refused to let me upload it claiming it was more than 5mb big (when looking at the file it said 3 mb) I got it down to 1,3 mb and it would let me copy the image into remnote. However, this time when I try to make an image occlusion all I got is a blank picture, but when just looking at my rem it shows the picture. At this time I am not sure what went wrong. Earlier when I made an image occlusion card it worked like a charm.
0 x
Hiragana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Katakana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Kanji : 50 / 2000
Assimil Japanese with Ease : 27 / 100

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”