YouTube Channels to learn Spanish

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
CardiffGiant
Yellow Belt
Languages: Italian(B2), English (N), Spanish(beg)

YouTube Channels to learn Spanish

Postby CardiffGiant » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:03 pm

I tried doing search here (and did some digging around the site) to find some suggestions for You Tube Channels to help with learning Spanish but I did not see a particular thread, or a particular recommendation for someone who is just starting out. I found a channel called Espanol with Juan(anyone use this one?) and some others, but I am hoping for some recommendations for some good You Tube Channels for beginners. I would also be interested in how you used these channels in your learning. Thanks!
1 x

jonm
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)
Spanish (adv.)
Bangla (int.)
French (passive)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9402

Re: YouTube Channels to learn Spanish

Postby jonm » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:53 pm

There's a channel called Dreaming Spanish that might be worth checking out. The YouTuber, Pablo, doesn't explain any grammar, just talks about different topics, slowly and with lots of gestures or drawings or other aids to comprehension. He had a good experience learning Thai that way and decided to offer the same kind of content in his native Spanish. I definitely don't think this particular approach is the only good way to teach or learn a language, but to me the videos look fun and interesting.

8 x

tungemål
Blue Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N)
English, German, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Polish
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17672

Postby tungemål » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:40 pm

I have used these:

1 - Easy Spanish - Spanish spoken on the streets - not necessarily that easy. But colloquial language on day-to-day subjects. They do have some super-easy videos for beginners.

2 - VideoEle - aimed at learners; short clips that show society and culture in Spain. Spoken slowly and clearly. You can turn on or off subtitles.

3 - Español con Juan - aimed at learners. He speaks a lot, and fast, but is easy to understand. He explains concepts using a lot of examples. Very engaging to listen to.

4 - El Jardín de Martín - a latin-american youtuber who lives in Germany. Intermediate level, but not too hard to understand.

5 - Habla divertido - This channel on language learning from one of our forum members looks interesting. Not easy for learners though, as it is aimed at native speakers learning other languages.

6 - Spanish con Vincente - on learning spanish, in spanish.

In addition I can recommend the mini-stories that you can find on lingq.com. Not videos, only audio.
8 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Postby Cavesa » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/c/BlogdeLengua/videos I like this one, useful for intermediate or advanced learners, various topics. I found it, when I was looking for a good explanation of the pronunciation differences of "d", but the guy talks also about punctuation, writing, vocab mistakes, and so on.
2 x

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: German (N)
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Might be worth having a look, explains also in English, good speed for learning, good accompanying visuals

Building basic sentences with CUÁNTO & HAY | Spanish for beginners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f9TW-3MQLU&t=537s
3 x

El Forastero
Orange Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), French (C1), English (C1), Italian (C1), Portuguese (C1), German (Beginner), Russian (beginner), Wayuunaiki (Beginner)

Postby El Forastero » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:16 pm

tungemål wrote:I have used these:
5 - Habla divertido - This channel on language learning from one of our forum members looks interesting. Not easy for learners though, as it is aimed at native speakers learning other languages.

Thank you very much for this recommendation :D . Yes, I'm the author of this channel. My content is not for studying purposes, but if you have alreade certain level and are familiar with polyglottery content and language learning (Or argumentation, I have a long reproduction list about this topic), you can practice your spanish with real content created for spanish speakers.

Maybe next year I'll record some videos to explain spanish for spanish learners. I need to incubate the idea
10 x
Please correct my errors in any tongue.
Visit my blog (In spanish)
Visit my youtube channel (In spanish)
: 4 / 10 10 C1 before being 55 years old
Are you looking for an online spanish tutor?

justz
Languages: English, Polish, Spanish, German

Postby justz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Dreaming Spanish helped me out massively at the beginning of my Spanish journey. The sad thing is that many people leave his videos after realizing he doesn't say anything in English in the first place. Give him a try guys!
6 x

CardiffGiant
Yellow Belt
Languages: Italian(B2), English (N), Spanish(beg)

Postby CardiffGiant » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:59 am

justz wrote:Dreaming Spanish helped me out massively at the beginning of my Spanish journey. The sad thing is that many people leave his videos after realizing he doesn't say anything in English in the first place. Give him a try guys!

This is my favorite Spanish You Tube channel! Pablo is interesting and engaging, and so are his videos. His method is great, and would be an interesting discussion in it’s own thread.
1 x

Kraut
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: German (N)
French (C)
English (C)
Spanish (A2)
Lithuanian

Postby Kraut » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:21 pm

CardiffGiant wrote:
justz wrote:Dreaming Spanish helped me out massively at the beginning of my Spanish journey. The sad thing is that many people leave his videos after realizing he doesn't say anything in English in the first place. Give him a try guys!

This is my favorite Spanish You Tube channel! Pablo is interesting and engaging, and so are his videos. His method is great, and would be an interesting discussion in it’s own thread.

There is a thread already:

https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... ng+spanish
1 x

thevagrant88
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (C1) Japanese (FU)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =14564#top

Postby thevagrant88 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Español con Juan is fantastic. Spanish with Vincente is also very good and very similar in format. Both are European Spanish speakers, in case that’s a concern of yours.

For my money, the Easy Spanish YouTube channel is the best resource for Spanish. It’s nothing but Spanish conversations with native speakers from different parts of the Spanish-speaking world. The bulk of the content was recorded in Mexico, but they have many videos in Peru, Spain, and they are starting to make Argentinian content as well.
5 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”