YouTube Channels to learn Spanish

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
CardiffGiant
Yellow Belt
Languages: Italian(B2), English (N), Spanish(beg)

Re: YouTube Channels to learn Spanish

Postby CardiffGiant » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:37 pm

thevagrant88 wrote:For my money, the Easy Spanish YouTube channel is the best resource for Spanish. It’s nothing but Spanish conversations with native speakers from different parts of the Spanish-speaking world. The bulk of the content was recorded in Mexico, but they have many videos in Peru, Spain, and they are starting to make Argentinian content as well.

What level would you say this channel is? I just started so I am at a base level.
0 x

munyag
Yellow Belt
Languages: Shona (N), Spanish (Beginner), French (Beginner)

Postby munyag » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:37 pm

CardiffGiant wrote:
thevagrant88 wrote:For my money, the Easy Spanish YouTube channel is the best resource for Spanish. It’s nothing but Spanish conversations with native speakers from different parts of the Spanish-speaking world. The bulk of the content was recorded in Mexico, but they have many videos in Peru, Spain, and they are starting to make Argentinian content as well.

What level would you say this channel is? I just started so I am at a base level.

I would say probably going through a course (Teach Yourself Spanish/Colloquial/Hugo in 3 months) might be ideal to start with. If you have accessed the channel, I would it ranges from A2 to B2. But I guess it depends on how you use the dialogues (You might have to join their patron to get the typed up transcrpits). You wrote this post in 2020 so so where are you now with your Spanish?
2 x

CardiffGiant
Yellow Belt
Languages: Italian(B2), English (N), Spanish(beg)

Postby CardiffGiant » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 pm

munyag wrote:
CardiffGiant wrote:

I would say probably going through a course (Teach Yourself Spanish/Colloquial/Hugo in 3 months) might be ideal to start with. If you have accessed the channel, I would it ranges from A2 to B2. But I guess it depends on how you use the dialogues (You might have to join their patron to get the typed up transcrpits). You wrote this post in 2020 so so where are you now with your Spanish?

Unfortunately, I had to stop for a while due to a time crunch. I do find it difficult to maintain and hopefully improve Italian while trying to learn Spanish. I just resumed Spanish about a month ago, and I have been relearning the Assimil dialogues. I had completed reverse translations through about Less on 85. I plan on continuing on and finishing Assimil, but I am taking my time relearning the lessons and the grammar points that follow. I also use Dreaming Spanish as well.

I would welcome advice from those who have stopped and then resumed learning a language. I will take a look at the courses that you suggested. Thanks!
0 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”