International Children’s Digital Library (ICDL)

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
Speakeasy

International Children’s Digital Library (ICDL)

Postby Speakeasy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:29 pm

International Children’s Digital Library
While searching the internet for items unrelated to the following, I happened upon the website of the ICDL – International Children’s Digital Library which hosts a library of hundreds of books in a broad range of languages. Access is free. This collection might be of interest to parents who wish to engage their children in language-learning; the books might also serve as elementary readers for adult language-learners.

Accessing the Books
To access the collection of books, click on the “Read Books” link under the heading “THE LIBRARY” in the left column of the webpage. The "READ BOOKS!" icon in the center of the page works as well.
ICDL 1.JPG

Pre-defined Searches
This will display a clever set of icons permitting pre-defined searches of the catalogue by age group, length of book, et cetera. Other searches are available.
ICDL 2.JPG

Selecting a Language
The small window at the bottom of the webpage is used to select books by language.

Filing of this Thread
I have filed this thread under the “Practical Questions and Advice” sub-forum as opposed to the “Language Programs and Resources” sub-forum because (a) several requests concerning children’s resources are posted in the former and (b) I am under the impression that posts to the latter draw little attention.

EDITED:
Tinkering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”