Multilingual TTS (text to speech) apps?

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
bedtime
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), French (beginner/intermediate), Latin (beginner)

Re: Multilingual TTS (text to speech) apps?

Postby bedtime » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:13 pm

I didn't much like the 'Flashcards - Study, Memorize & Build Vocabulary' program. It does auto play, but there is no setting to put a space between the cards, so they're rushed, giving you too little time to think of the answer.

As for Lexilize, I found the learning system to be quite faulty compared to Cram and others. Lexilize doesn't show you the cards you need to learn at the right time, and there are no settings to change which ones are presented except a 'randomize' setting. It does rock with its auto play, though. But even that, you cannot pick where or what cards you'd like to auto play. I'm glad that you like it, at least.

Also, this might be me, but after listening to Lexilize on the way to school, I found that the voice, even though it's Google voices, is just not clear enough. I am much more of a visual learner though, so this could be why.

I'm liking Quizlet and Cram for the interface and online cards; but, the online cards don't seem to be ordered in a way that makes them easy to find. They are basically dumped in a huge pile that you have to sift through. I have found some nice sets, though. Also, they both deal cards in a very efficient manner that would help you memorize them faster. So I'll be using both and seeing what I like better.
0 x

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”