Location of language challenge threads

Discuss technical problems and features here
Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Re: Location of language challenge threads

Postby Expugnator » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:28 pm

I think challenges and logs are two different monsters. Not all logs are linked to a challenge. They should have their own forum and fight among themselves for the top of the forum. It is annoying to browse the Language Logs forum and have to scroll down through loads fo sticky challenge threads before finding the first actually newest post.
1 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

emk
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2+)
Badly neglected "just for fun" languages: Middle Egyptian, Spanish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=723

Postby emk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:09 pm

Expugnator wrote:I think challenges and logs are two different monsters. Not all logs are linked to a challenge. They should have their own forum and fight among themselves for the top of the forum. It is annoying to browse the Language Logs forum and have to scroll down through loads fo sticky challenge threads before finding the first actually newest post.

OK. I'll tentatively put this on my TODO list, or maybe rdearman or another mod will beat me to it.

I'm currently catching up on work and personal stuff after the recent excitement, so it may take me a while to add all the BBCodes, etc., that people have asked for.
1 x

Bluepaint
Brown Belt

Postby Bluepaint » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:50 pm

emk wrote:OK. I'll tentatively put this on my TODO list, or maybe rdearman or another mod will beat me to it.

I'm currently catching up on work and personal stuff after the recent excitement, so it may take me a while to add all the BBCodes, etc., that people have asked for.

So we have we want another board called Challenges? Or Challenge Logs? I haven't tried creating boards on *this* forum yet but I can give it a go and that's something off the to do list!
0 x

Bluepaint
Brown Belt

Postby Bluepaint » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:06 pm

Well Emk and I have discovered that mods don't have that power, only admins. Anyhow, it is now created for your use!
1 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”