HTLAL G-search malfunction

Discuss technical problems and features here
Speakeasy

HTLAL G-search malfunction

Postby Speakeasy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:13 am

It is not enough that the beleaguered members of the LLORG Tech Team are sleep-deprived owing to their heroic efforts at keeping this wonderful forum functioning. Nope, it’s never enough! Sooner or later, someone who just can’t let go of the past comes along and with a request for technical support of the HTLAL. To wit, ...

The HTLAL “G-search” function is not responding. For example, entering the word “Spanish” yields nothing, nichts, nada!

When you get the time (yours is as indispensable as it is infinitely disposable, by others, that is), could you please look into this matter?

Merci beaucoup!
0 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Re: HTLAL G-search malfunction

Postby iguanamon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:16 am

HTLAL is like the internet equivalent of the world after the zombie apocalypse these days. Still, there is a lot of good information still there in the bowels of the site. Yeah, I noticed that g search was broken too. Perhaps this time, it is beyond the mods ability to fix and we all know that FX isn't all that interested in the site anymore.

So, if you want to search HTLAL
1) go to google
2) enter site:http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum FSI Italian (as an example)
3) you'll get results
4) It works
4 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:32 am

iguanamon wrote: ... Perhaps this time, it is beyond the mods ability to fix and we all know that FX isn't all that interested in the site anymore ...
Are you deliberately trying to frighten me? :o

iguanamon wrote: ... So, if you want to search HTLAL ...
Thanks ever so!. Where do you kids learn this stuff? No, never mind, I wouldn't understand the answer. :oops:
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:50 am

Speakeasy wrote:
iguanamon wrote: ... Perhaps this time, it is beyond the mods ability to fix and we all know that FX isn't all that interested in the site anymore ...
Are you deliberately trying to frighten me? :o

iguanamon wrote: ... So, if you want to search HTLAL ...
Thanks ever so!. Where do you kids learn this stuff? No, never mind, I wouldn't understand the answer. :oops:

Google teaches us.

https://support.google.com/websearch/an ... 6433?hl=en
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:07 pm

Speakeasy wrote:...Where do you kids learn this stuff? No, never mind, I wouldn't understand the answer.

rdearman wrote: Google teaches us ...

Rather proves my point! :D
1 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:05 am

As an update to my original post, I would like to report that the HTLAL G-search function is once again operational.

I extend my thanks to the Technical Team, Iguanamon, and Rdearman for their kind assistance, for their tricks and traps, and for their lessons in Google For Dummies (none of which I understood)!
0 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”