Axon
Blue Belt
Languages: Native English, in order of comfort: Mandarin, German, Indonesian,
Spanish, French, Russian,
Cantonese, Vietnamese, Polish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5086

Progress Bar Tweaks

Postby Axon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:44 pm

I just figured out how to use progress bars! It's been a long two years without them. I think they add a nice touch to a user signature and for the last two days I've been motivated to actually make progress with them.

Now that I'm taking them for granted, I find myself wanting to update them all the time. But it takes me four clicks and three page loads to get to my signature. Ideally, I'd like the forum to know when I have progress bars in my signature and then have a permanent and editable display of them wherever I'm browsing. Failing that, a link for the owner of a post to jump straight to editing the signature just like one edits a regular post. Failing that... I'll just bookmark the relevant page.

It would also be great to have a shortcut like the URL, audio, youtube buttons. I had to google "language learners forum progress bar" so I could learn how it was done.

Lastly, forward slashes break the progress bar entirely. Typing "[progress=50 Listening/Reading Hours]3/50[/progress]" doesn't render as expected.

Thank you to all of the wonderful developers and admins!
0 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”