sql error

Discuss technical problems and features here
Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Re: sql error

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:11 pm

rdearman wrote:I'm investigating with emk moving the database and service on to another hosting platform.

Remember, if it starts getting expensive, you can put up a donate button. A number of us would be happy to contribute.
9 x

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Postby tomgosse » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:
rdearman wrote:I'm investigating with emk moving the database and service on to another hosting platform.

Remember, if it starts getting expensive, you can put up a donate button. A number of us would be happy to contribute.

I would be glad to contribute. :D
3 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

CarlyD
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish--A2, German--now studying, A2

Postby CarlyD » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 pm

I've gotten the error numerous times and haven't worried about it.

However, yesterday I came here and did a lengthy log post. I checked everything, re-worded a few things, was finally happy with it, hit "post"--and got the error. And my post was gone. :evil:

At my banking site (tracking interest rates) the owner put up a "if you've been helped by this site, please consider donating" and a button to donate. That worked for him for several years, then he went to very targeted, just along the side ads that were actually helpful. No flashing, nothing weird. Just ads for banks that we probably would have clicked on anyway.

I could see limited ad placement here--maybe one across the bottom--for language authors to link to their website or their book sale page on Amazon. Or tutors or programs or something. I actually think it would be a plus. OH! And ads for bookstores that sell a lot of language books would be wonderful.
1 x
2024 15,000 pages Reading Challenge--pages: 1180 / 15000

jeff_lindqvist
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: sv, en
de, es
ga, eo
---
fi, yue, ro, tp, cy, kw, pt, sk
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2773

Postby jeff_lindqvist » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:28 pm

CarlyD wrote:However, yesterday I came here and did a lengthy log post. I checked everything, re-worded a few things, was finally happy with it, hit "post"--and got the error. And my post was gone. :evil:

Am I the only one who copy the text before I post (CTRL+C)? This has been a habit of mine for nearly 20 years (back in the dial up connection age). You'll never know when you get disconnected or a site is down.
9 x
Leabhair/Greannáin léite as Gaeilge: 9 / 18
Ar an seastán oíche: Oileán an Órchiste
Duolingo - finished trees: sp/ga/de/fr/pt/it
Finnish with extra pain : 100 / 100

Llorg Blog - Wiki - Discord

Arnaud
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: French
Intermediate: English, Russian, Italian
Tourist : Breton, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, Latin
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=1524

Postby Arnaud » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:29 pm

I've got the sql error when I try to read the sql error thread :lol:
3 x

Teango
Blue Belt
Languages: en (n)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 9&p=235545

Postby Teango » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:12 am

jeff_lindqvist wrote:Am I the only one who copy the text before I post (CTRL+C)?

You're not alone there, Jeff. Having lost so much to crashes and outages over the years, I have this kind of handy habit (along with other magical keyboard shortcut wards) well automatized now............................................[cmd+c] 8-)
4 x

crush
Blue Belt
Languages: EN (N), ES, ZH
Maintain: EUS, YUE, JP, HAW
Study: TGL, SV
On Hold: RU

Postby crush » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:59 pm

jeff_lindqvist wrote:
CarlyD wrote:However, yesterday I came here and did a lengthy log post. I checked everything, re-worded a few things, was finally happy with it, hit "post"--and got the error. And my post was gone. :evil:

Am I the only one who copy the text before I post (CTRL+C)? This has been a habit of mine for nearly 20 years (back in the dial up connection age). You'll never know when you get disconnected or a site is down.

I did this out of habit as well for a number of years until someone (Serpent?) mentioned Lazarus for Firefox.

And i also got the 'too many connections' error while loading up this page ;)
0 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:32 pm

I get the error a lot as well. I think that some visitors would give up for example about 9pm GMT today.

I would donate some money but I don't like things like the pro accounts on the old forum, where only the people who donated (very expensive) could have an avatar, see their own posts list, not constantly get the fake Latin texts, and search, but I know that you are different here :)
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Vedun
Orange Belt
Languages: Bulgarian, English
German, Italian
Russian, Finnish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3009

Postby Vedun » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 am

Has anyone else had -1 notifications? :) Not exactly a sql error, but didn't feel it warranted its own thread.
0 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Vedun wrote:Has anyone else had -1 notifications? :) Not exactly a sql error, but didn't feel it warranted its own thread.

I often get that. It happens when I click to check off on a notification and if the site is slow and nothing seems to happen, I sometimes click again, and then suddenly I have a negative number of notifications.

The same thing happens with likes. Sometimes I like a post and nothing happens, so I click again, but then suddenly it likes and unlikes again immediately after. I've noticed that sometimes when that happens it looks like the post has a negative number of likes. Sometimes I can't figure out if it's accepted my "like" or not, so then I just give up. My apologies to those whose posts I have double-unliked. :)
1 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”