Progress bar charts

Discuss technical problems and features here
Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Re: Progress bar charts

Postby Elenia » Mon May 09, 2016 9:34 pm

mercutio wrote:
Elenia wrote:
mercutio wrote:
Thanks but why are bar 2 and 3 better?

Also for the range is 5 the maximum?

For example if we are half way through a course we put 2.5?

I noticed one bar had different range?

They are simply preferred because they align well in a post or in a signature. No other reason. There is no maximum. The bars in my post and in the original FAQ post are simply example. You change the numbers and the names of the bars to fit your purpose. Have a look at the first post of my log, where I have four progress bars with different values in each.

Also, the progress bars only take full numbers, so no decimal point. In the example you've given, you'll have to wait until you've finished the course to update the bar. Play around with the bars in your signature, to see how they work for yourself.

Where do I find your log?

Under my picture in the sidebar if you are on the web version of the site. If you are on the mobile version, you'll have to go to my profile page, which you'll find by clicking on my username.
0 x

mercutio
Orange Belt

Re: Progress bar charts

Postby mercutio » Mon May 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Elenia wrote:
mercutio wrote:
Elenia wrote:
mercutio wrote:
Thanks but why are bar 2 and 3 better?

Also for the range is 5 the maximum?

For example if we are half way through a course we put 2.5?

I noticed one bar had different range?

They are simply preferred because they align well in a post or in a signature. No other reason. There is no maximum. The bars in my post and in the original FAQ post are simply example. You change the numbers and the names of the bars to fit your purpose. Have a look at the first post of my log, where I have four progress bars with different values in each.

Also, the progress bars only take full numbers, so no decimal point. In the example you've given, you'll have to wait until you've finished the course to update the bar. Play around with the bars in your signature, to see how they work for yourself.

Where do I find your log?

Under my picture in the sidebar if you are on the web version of the site. If you are on the mobile version, you'll have to go to my profile page, which you'll find by clicking on my username.
thanks
0 x
: 5 / 5 language transfer total Spanish :
: 5 / 5 paul noble Spanish :
: 5 / 5 M. Thomas foundation and advanced spanish:
: 5 / 5 Duolingo Spanish :

www.thelanguagequest.com

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”