Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Discuss technical problems and features here
User avatar
Serpent
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:54 am
Location: Moskova
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish+ (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German+, Italian+
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian, Czech; Romanian+, Galician; Danish, Swedish
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Chaucer's English
+ means exploring the dialects/variants
x 2966
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby Serpent » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Yay thank you! i think if anyone wants to test, it's fine, right? it just won't be kept when the official challenge starts, because of course what you do now doesn't count for the challenge.
1 x
: 2 / 40 Budva na pjenu od mora: 3rd season (Croatian/Montenegrin)
LyricsTraining now offers Catalan, Turkish and Japanese romaji

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
French (studies), Italian (studies), Mandarin (studies),
Esperanto TAC (Only god knows why), Finnish (only in it for the cookies)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 4622
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby rdearman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:31 am

Serpent wrote:Yay thank you! i think if anyone wants to test, it's fine, right? it just won't be kept when the official challenge starts, because of course what you do now doesn't count for the challenge.

No please don't. I am not sure i can clear the books logged without clearing the user as well. Best to play it safe.
0 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:46 am
Languages: Czech (N), English (C1), French (C2), Spanish (intermediate), German (somewhere on the path), Italian (beginner)
x 4447

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby Cavesa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:44 am

That looks awesome, rdearman! Thanks!
0 x

User avatar
Yuurei
Orange Belt
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 am
Languages: German (N), English, French, Japanese, Spanish, Latin
Studying: Japanese, Latin, Chinese
Maintaining: French
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1721
x 317

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby Yuurei » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks so much for your work on the bot, rdearman! I've been very much on the fence on whether or not to sign up for the SC, but everyone's enthusiasm makes me want to jump into the fray. :D Your own ambitious goals in particular make me think that maybe it's possible to define way too ambitious meaningful goals for all my target languages. XD

There is just one little ceveat - I've noticed that Latin is not yet on the list of possible languages. It'd be most awesome if you could add it. Pretty please? :)
0 x

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
French (studies), Italian (studies), Mandarin (studies),
Esperanto TAC (Only god knows why), Finnish (only in it for the cookies)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 4622
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby rdearman » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:10 pm

Yuurei wrote:Thanks so much for your work on the bot, rdearman! I've been very much on the fence on whether or not to sign up for the SC, but everyone's enthusiasm makes me want to jump into the fray. :D Your own ambitious goals in particular make me think that maybe it's possible to define way too ambitious meaningful goals for all my target languages. XD

There is just one little ceveat - I've noticed that Latin is not yet on the list of possible languages. It'd be most awesome if you could add it. Pretty please? :)


Done! LA=Latin.

Go on... :twisted: sign up for loads... :twisted: go on... you know you want too... :twisted:
2 x

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
French (studies), Italian (studies), Mandarin (studies),
Esperanto TAC (Only god knows why), Finnish (only in it for the cookies)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 4622
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby rdearman » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:52 pm

I've inserted all the ISO 2 letter codes for languages. I think we've covered just about all languages you'd want to learn. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (go ahead... sign up) bwahahahah!
2 x

User avatar
sfuqua
Blue Belt
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:05 am
Location: san jose, california
Languages: English(N),
Samoan(FSI 4+, rusty),
Tagalog (33 years speaking daily),
Spanish (5000 pages of novels, 150 hours of TV)
French (120 hours of study, 500 pages read)
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.org/vi ... f=15&t=772
x 1585

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby sfuqua » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:34 am

I'm still a little confused about where all the threads related to the super challenge are, so I already posted this in the wrong place....

I tried to register for #Tagalog and the bot announce that I had registered for Tamil...

I think the iso code for Tagalog is tl, which could be confusing. I found a bunch of subtitles on opensubtitles that I was excited were in Tagalog, and which were actually in Tamil. Maybe there is some confusion somewhere...
0 x
Right now working on glossika for Spanish and French.
And of course, I'm working with a bunch of sentence cards in an anki deck.
I listen to and use my fossilized Tagalog everyday.

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
French (studies), Italian (studies), Mandarin (studies),
Esperanto TAC (Only god knows why), Finnish (only in it for the cookies)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 4622
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby rdearman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:43 pm

sfuqua wrote:I'm still a little confused about where all the threads related to the super challenge are, so I already posted this in the wrong place....

I tried to register for #Tagalog and the bot announce that I had registered for Tamil...

I think the iso code for Tagalog is tl, which could be confusing. I found a bunch of subtitles on opensubtitles that I was excited were in Tagalog, and which were actually in Tamil. Maybe there is some confusion somewhere...


I've used the actual International Standards Organisation codes for languages. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes

You're correct the ISO codes are:
tl - Tagalog
ta -Tamil

Send me a PM if you want me to manually adjust your languages in the BOT. I can go into the database and change your associated languages.
0 x

User avatar
Yuurei
Orange Belt
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 am
Languages: German (N), English, French, Japanese, Spanish, Latin
Studying: Japanese, Latin, Chinese
Maintaining: French
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1721
x 317

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby Yuurei » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:04 pm

rdearman wrote:
Yuurei wrote:Thanks so much for your work on the bot, rdearman! I've been very much on the fence on whether or not to sign up for the SC, but everyone's enthusiasm makes me want to jump into the fray. :D Your own ambitious goals in particular make me think that maybe it's possible to define way too ambitious meaningful goals for all my target languages. XD

There is just one little ceveat - I've noticed that Latin is not yet on the list of possible languages. It'd be most awesome if you could add it. Pretty please? :)


Done! LA=Latin.

Go on... :twisted: sign up for loads... :twisted: go on... you know you want too... :twisted:

Oh my, what have I gotten myself into? :? XD

But thanks a lot! :lol:
0 x

User avatar
kanewai
Orange Belt
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 9:10 pm
Location: Honolulu
Languages: Native: English
Super Challenge Romance (French, Italian, Spanish, and sometimes Latin)
Inactive: Turkish, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesian, Chuukese (Micronesian)
x 371
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge Bot Enhancements

Postby kanewai » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:29 pm

rdearman wrote:This thread is being started to have a place to gather up all the requests for changes or enhancements to the Super Challenge Bot during the 2016-17 Super Challenge.


I'm still waiting for a 'Bot that knows how to mix a good Manhattan.
1 x
Louis Aragon, Aurélien: 230 / 700
FSI French, revisited: 15 / 24

Carlos Ruiz Zafón, La sombra del viento: 375 / 500
FSI Spanish: 41 / 55

Elena Ferrante, Storia del nuevo cognome: 288 / 480


Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest