How to create a new topic at forum.language-learners.org ??

Discuss technical problems and features here
Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Re: How to create a new topic at forum.language-learners.org ??

Postby Iversen » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:57 pm

Posts from new members have to be accepted by a moderator or administrator before they become visible to other users, and right now we have some problems that make it harder even for us to access the system. So in this this situation delays are unavoidable.

New topics can be made by opening a board first - but again: in the beginning there are some restrictions for new users.
1 x

Gaoling97
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), German (Advanced), Chinese (Intermediate)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18675

Postby Gaoling97 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:21 am

How do I respond to threads?
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:45 am

@Gaoling97: According to my definitions you just did. :P Allahst asked about the first post, and there we have the rule that a moderator or administrator has to accept the first posts so that we can see whether it's a troll or a spammer who just made an account to wreak havoc. I added the explanation about threads because it isn't immediately obvious that you only can do that by first choosing a board.
0 x

Cainntear
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English(N)
Advanced: French,Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Intermediate: Italian, Catalan, Corsican
Basic: Welsh
Dabbling: Polish, Russian etc

Postby Cainntear » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:38 pm

Gaoling97 wrote:How do I respond to threads?

Can you tell me how to quote posts you're responding to?

Enough of the bad humour...!
Iversen wrote:@Gaoling97: According to my definitions you just did. :P Allahst asked about the first post, and there we have the rule that a moderator or administrator has to accept the first posts so that we can see whether it's a troll or a spammer who just made an account to wreak havoc. I added the explanation about threads because it isn't immediately obvious that you only can do that by first choosing a board.

i.e. the OP clearly was trying to post but his messages weren't showing up. What Iversen didn't state explicitly was that this he himself (if my powers of deduction are correct) approved this post personally so it would show up in the forum and the poster would have his response, with the added benefit that anyone else who has just signed up (or signs up in the near future) might just see it and realise that they've got to take part in threads before they can start their own.
0 x

leosmith
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N)
Spanish (adv)
French (int)
German (int)
Japanese (int)
Korean (int)
Mandarin (int)
Portuguese (int)
Russian (int)
Swahili (int)
Tagalog (int)
Thai (int)

Postby leosmith » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:07 pm

How ask mods move thread technical support to?
0 x
https://languagecrush.com/reading - try our free multi-language reading tool

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”