Problems with deleting a post

Discuss technical problems and features here
hazel2727
Languages: English (N), Spanish (B2), Portuguese (A2), Korean (A2), French (beginner)

Problems with deleting a post

Postby hazel2727 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:03 pm

Hello, I followed the tips to delete an incorrect post, and it just didn't work so I tried a bunch of different things and now I no longer have any idea how to remove it. (This is the incorrect original post: @langchallenge #Spanish #film, 104 minutes “Velvet Colección: Grand Finale” - I want to completely remove it from my log). Can anyone help me please with any idea how to remove it for good? Is there a way to do without replying to the original post? Thank you very much!
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Problems with deleting a post

Postby rdearman » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:46 pm

There are instructions at the bottom of the super-challenge website.

Deleting : #undo(ne)/#delete(ed),
If your mistake isn't fixable or you no longer want to count an item, use this command to remove the tweet from your list entirely.
You must reply to the tweet you wish to remove so that the system knows which one you're referring to.
Find the tweet in your stream and then click on the "reply" button just below it, beside the blue arrow.
Example: reply: "@langchallenge I lied about this update and now feel very guilty, so I'm going to #undo it."

I bolded the part most people get wrong, you MUST reply to the original tweet. So find your original tweet and reply to it with: "@langchallenge #delete"
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

hazel2727
Languages: English (N), Spanish (B2), Portuguese (A2), Korean (A2), French (beginner)

Postby hazel2727 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:35 pm

Thank you so much for replying! I tried that a while back and it didn't work and just tried again and it said I already deleted the original post which I'd forgotten I'd done :( But I replied with that and variations of that to the original post (at least I'm sure I did) and now I'm just stuck with it somehow. Do you think if I write another post with maybe "-" (minus) in front of the number of minutes it might even out? Or are there any other ways? I don't have much experience with Twitter so I guess it's my fault I messed it up in the first place :( I guess it's not the end of the world if I get stuck with it but it's bothering me! :|
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:41 pm

I directly edited the database, but I don't like doing this because there is a very high risk of deleting all the records, not just for you, but for everyone!

Anyway it is gone now, hopefully nothing else was affected.
3 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

hazel2727

Postby hazel2727 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 am

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I'll try to be more careful with my Twitter posts in future!
1 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”