"Last Active" = - What happened?

Discuss technical problems and features here
luke
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N). Spanish (intermediate), Esperanto (B1), French (intermediate but rusting)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16948

"Last Active" = - What happened?

Postby luke » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:06 am

I was looking at a couple profiles from people who used to be fairly regular - lysi and AllSubNoDub - and noticed their "Last Active" shows a dash.

Does this mean they've inactivated themselves?

Or does it go like that if they haven't been around for some time?
0 x

zenmonkey
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Spanish, English, French trilingual - German (B2/C1) on/off study: Persian, Hebrew, Tibetan, Setswana.
Some knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, Ladino, Yiddish ...
Want to tackle Tzotzil, Nahuatl
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=859

Re: "Last Active" = - What happened?

Postby zenmonkey » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:02 am

If you log on with the "do not show online" option then the system doesn't register that session for the last active period.

I think I'm still set to that.
2 x
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

luke
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N). Spanish (intermediate), Esperanto (B1), French (intermediate but rusting)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16948

Postby luke » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:49 am

zenmonkey wrote:If you log on with the "do not show online" option then the system doesn't register that session for the last active period.

I think I'm still set to that.

Yes, you are. At least I see a dash for you too.

Oh, and by the way, I realized my error in the Yandex translation and updated my reply there. Basically, I think I had the source language set to Greek when I pasted in the Spanish sentence for translation.

So, rather than "Big Brother", perhaps I should have noted that the first two letters of Google coincide with a common term for Divine Providence. By that I mean, He'll let you shoot yourself in the foot if you have a loaded gun pointed at the ground directly below you and you accidently pull the trigger.
1 x
: 124 / 124 Cien años de soledad 20x
: 5479 / 5500 5500 pages - Reading
: 51 / 55 FSI Basic Spanish 3x
: 309 / 506 Camino a Macondo

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:10 pm

I have checked both Lysi and AllSubNoDub, and they are both registered as active - but as far as I can see Lysi hasn't visited the forum since last summer, whereas AllSubNoDub did check in in December. However there are loads of formerly very active users who for unknown reasons become silent (permanently or for some time), and we rarely know the reason.
2 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”