What happened to the search?

Discuss technical problems and features here
Hash
White Belt
Languages: Arabic (N)

What happened to the search?

Postby Hash » Sat May 01, 2021 2:02 am

The search button has suddenly disappeared, and when I click "New posts", I get a message telling me that I'm not permitted to use the search system!
Why?
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: What happened to the search?

Postby rdearman » Sat May 01, 2021 11:30 am

This is because of additional restrictions which had to be put in place to stop spamming. You can either use Google to search, or when you become a full user (after more participation). I apologize for the inconvenience, but it was necessary to keep our forum spam free.
6 x
: 11 / 21 21 French Paperbacks Read:

The Autodidactic Podcast
The Lollygagging Podcast

I often post on this forum using mobile devices, so please excuse short messages and typos.

Querneus
Blue Belt
Languages: native es, great en, advanced la, interm fr zh

Postby Querneus » Mon May 17, 2021 9:48 pm

Hash wrote:The search button has suddenly disappeared, and when I click "New posts", I get a message telling me that I'm not permitted to use the search system!

For what it's worth, as a user with many posts, I can use the search function just fine... I don't know what the minimum is, but just taking a wild guess I imagine it might be 10-20?
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:44 am

Querneus wrote:
Hash wrote:The search button has suddenly disappeared, and when I click "New posts", I get a message telling me that I'm not permitted to use the search system!

For what it's worth, as a user with many posts, I can use the search function just fine... I don't know what the minimum is, but just taking a wild guess I imagine it might be 10-20?

We don't actually say, since we don't like to give spammers more information about the site settings. But it isn't difficult to get to the minimum with a little valid participation.
5 x
: 11 / 21 21 French Paperbacks Read:

The Autodidactic Podcast
The Lollygagging Podcast

I often post on this forum using mobile devices, so please excuse short messages and typos.

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”