I am commonly being forced to be logged out

Discuss technical problems and features here
jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

Re: I am commonly being forced to be logged out

Postby jimmy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:41 pm

I decided not to write on this website for a while.
the website might lose some of their members because of this problem ,because it is really annoying.

all these have commonly been happened :

I wrote a big text but after pushing "submit" button it made me log out and the texts never came back.
the direct logging in the website is already almost impossible. I did not come across to this normal event.
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic

lemme_try
Yellow Belt
Languages: Speaks: Russian, English
Learning: French, Mandarin
Dabbing: Japanese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=14084

Postby lemme_try » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:39 am

at first time ,it does not accept the password.
also,it still makes me log out automatically.

I had the same problem, but after posting on this thread it stopped happening. I don't know what changed. Maybe admins did something.
0 x

teapot
White Belt
Languages: British English (N), Italian (Principiante)

You exceeded the maximum ...

Postby teapot » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:33 am

... allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.

I get this error every time I try to log into the forum. Any way to avoid it?

In addition, I’m logged out very quickly. For example, before I could submit this post which forced me to type it in a text editor and paste it in. Any way over that?
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: You exceeded the maximum ...

Postby rdearman » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:03 pm

It seems to be a problem with our current version of the forum software. We're looking to upgrade.
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

jeffers
Blue Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Hindi (A2-B1)

Learning: The above, plus French (A2-B1), German (A1), Ancient Greek (?), Sanskrit (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19785

Postby jeffers » Fri May 22, 2020 1:31 pm

pinkyslippers wrote:Just to say, this is happening to me too. Just wrote a post and clicked Submit and it asked me to log back in and the post was gone :( My own fault, I should have saved the draft :lol: :oops:

When I write a large post, I usually press ctrl a, ctrl c, before posting. This highlights the whole post and then copies it so that if I get logged out I can sign back in and simply paste the whole post again.
2 x
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien (roughly, the perfect is the enemy of the good)

French SC Books: 0 / 5000 (0/5000 pp)
French SC Films: 0 / 9000 (0/9000 mins)

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Sat May 23, 2020 1:28 pm

CTRL A followed by CTRL C (and then CRTL W to reinsert the marked text) is a really good thing, but if you have forgotten to do it you press ALT LEFT a couple of times to take you back past the login pages to the page you were correcting - but there is a nasty catch: the page you then see may not contain the corrections you just made if you were working on an older text. However backtracking to a new message that never has been saved should be safe.

Personally I have resorted to writing my longer messages in MS Word so that I don't have to worry about the time it takes. And at least in my log my messages are almost long and often with passages in weak languages where I have to look a lot of things up. In such cases you can bet your hat that Llorg has lost patience with me and logged me out - especially if I have left the edit box a few times, for instance to check a dictionary or Wikipedia or select an image. So I just write the whole thing in Word and add the pictures once I have returned to Llorg.

Another little trick: if you already once have had to solve a riddle then you can bet that you will have to do it again the next time (unless an administrator has pulled some strings to clear the stack). But there is no need to write your whole name and password the first time - just write x and x, whereupon you will be asked to login in again with a riddle - and THEN you write the whole thing: name, password and solution to whatever riddle turns up.

Kunst014_sctPeter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

mattf789
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N)
Spanish (A1)
French (beginner)

Postby mattf789 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:44 am

Could this be a cookie issue? Might be worth logging out, deleting your browser cookies and logging in again. Also I would try another browser and see if it happens there.
0 x
Official Memrise French 1-7: 3100 / 3100
Assimil French: 11 / 113
Overall French Memrise Progress: 3323 / 6000

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”