missing notifications

Discuss technical problems and features here
Jinx
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), German (adv), varying levels of French, Esperanto, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Croatian, Catalan, Mandarin, Japanese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16835

Re: missing notifications

Postby Jinx » Sun May 16, 2021 11:49 am

jeff_lindqvist wrote:Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here, but if you're using a mouse, you can place your cursor on the number next to the heart and see what the tooltip says. In Chrome and Firefox I see all the members who liked the post.
Jeff, you've made my day! I did not know that was possible. Thank you :)

Edit, because I didn't see rdearman's tip before replying:
rdearman wrote:Just curious. Have you reviewed your settings? If you click on the "settings" link on the notifications it will take you to your profile and "board preferences". Or you can just go to "user control panel" and check notifications you want are ticked.

In addition, you should click on the "Edit postings" to make sure that you have ticked the "Notify me upon replies by default".
Yes, I did do that, and I've set it up to give me in-forum notifications for everything. (I saw your earlier post about email notifications not working – not sure if that's still the case, but either way, I don't need email notifications so that's not a problem.) But I'm still getting "patchy" notifications; e.g. if three people like a post of mine, I'll only get notified that one of them liked it. It's strange :/

But I didn't realize the tool tip revealed user names – this has pretty much solved the problem for me. Thanks, both!
2 x
Feel free to add me on Goodreads.
Pronouns: she/her.
Corrections welcome!

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”