Password reset

Discuss technical problems and features here
BlazeWinterborne
Languages: English (N), German (Rusty B1), Mandarin (Rusty B1), French (A1), Czech (A1), Japanese (beginner)

Re: Password reset

Postby BlazeWinterborne » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi,

I signed up a couple days ago but have had trouble logging into my account. I kept getting logged out every few seconds and now I can't log in at all. I attempted to reset my password but it says I'm not authorised to do that. I also sent a message to the email above about a password reset but I haven't heard anything yet.

After creating this account I was still getting logged out quickly until I selected the 'remember me' option, which seems to have helped a little, (but I still got logged out while typing this message). If it's easier than resetting the password for me on my other account, perhaps I can just keep using this one instead?. Literally the only thing I posted with the other one was a short intro post, so I wouldn't be losing much.

Either way, I hope to be able to participate in chats here soon. :)
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:44 pm

You can keep this one if you'd prefer. Our email link is broken right now, I hope to get that sorted shortly.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

BlazeWinterborne
Languages: English (N), German (Rusty B1), Mandarin (Rusty B1), French (A1), Czech (A1), Japanese (beginner)

Postby BlazeWinterborne » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:48 pm

rdearman wrote:You can keep this one if you'd prefer. Our email link is broken right now, I hope to get that sorted shortly.

I'll keep this one then as it's easier. No point going through the extra hassle of sorting out an account that has nothing on it.

Thank you. :)
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:16 pm

You see two login screens. The first is rubbbish and you can write whatever you want. The second one (with the test question) is valid, and it is important that you mark "remember me" here since that will spare you from being kicked out all the time.

NB: Some homepages and gadgets have the option of storing your password, which I never accept for security reasons (and because I might forget my password if I never tap it in) - but the "remember me" will ask you again for your password next time you log on so my guess is that it is innoccuous.
1 x

thevagrant88
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (C1) Japanese (FU)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =14564#top

Postby thevagrant88 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:45 am

I've been trying to reset my password to no avail. Sent email and haven't heard anything. Help?
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:44 am

thevagrant88 wrote:I've been trying to reset my password to no avail. Sent email and haven't heard anything. Help?

This version of the phpBB software will not connect to secure email services. So, email is broken until I upgrade the software. Just send me a PM and we'll sort it out.
0 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

Essadon
Languages: Swedish (N, C2), English (C2), Esperanto (B1), German (A1)

Postby Essadon » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:20 pm

I want to change my password, but I don't see any option for doing that.
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:59 pm

Essadon wrote:I want to change my password, but I don't see any option for doing that.

Password changes are one of those things only full members can do. You need to post a few more messages and participate some more and a ton of options will open up for you.
0 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

Essadon
Languages: Swedish (N, C2), English (C2), Esperanto (B1), German (A1)

Postby Essadon » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:25 am

rdearman wrote:
Essadon wrote:I want to change my password, but I don't see any option for doing that.

Password changes are one of those things only full members can do. You need to post a few more messages and participate some more and a ton of options will open up for you.

That is a huge security flaw though lol
0 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”