Password reset

Discuss technical problems and features here
Bluepaint
Brown Belt

Password reset

Postby Bluepaint » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 pm

If you are having a problem resetting your password at any point please email languagelearnersforum@gmail.com from the email address you used to register on the forum. State your username and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

This will be a forum-wide post for a couple of days, afterwards I'll make it a sticky in the Technical Support area. Although, those of you with good memories will know the email address is available in the Contact Methods & Forum Emergencies thread in the Forum Rules & FAQ section. ;)
1 x

Ani2
Languages: English (N), French (B2/C1ish), Russian (actively studying)

Re: Password reset

Postby Ani2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Hey is there another way to get a password reset? I’ve tried reaching out every way I can think of and can’t seem to get ahold of anyone. Would love to be Ani again :)
3 x

Fortheo
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (?) Russian (beginner)

Postby Fortheo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:51 am

Bluepaint wrote:If you are having a problem resetting your password at any point please email languagelearnersforum@gmail.com from the email address you used to register on the forum. State your username and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

This will be a forum-wide post for a couple of days, afterwards I'll make it a sticky in the Technical Support area. Although, those of you with good memories will know the email address is available in the Contact Methods & Forum Emergencies thread in the Forum Rules & FAQ section. ;)

I don't have access to the email I used to register my account with. I still can post with my account here because it stays logged in on my phone, but I can't log on anywhere else because I don't remember my password. Also, since I don't know my password, I can't change it on my account settings while I'm logged in on my phone.

Any suggestions?
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Fortheo wrote:
Bluepaint wrote:If you are having a problem resetting your password at any point please email languagelearnersforum@gmail.com from the email address you used to register on the forum. State your username and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

I don't have access to the email I used to register my account with. I still can post with my account here because it stays logged in on my phone, but I can't log on anywhere else because I don't remember my password. Also, since I don't know my password, I can't change it on my account settings while I'm logged in on my phone.

Any suggestions?

Send me a PM and tell me the email address you registered with. I'll reset your password.
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Jinx2
Languages: English (N), German (C1), ...

Postby Jinx2 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:35 pm

Hallelujah! I was finally able to log in!

I've been trying for literally months at this point, with both my original account (Jinx) and this secondary one (Jinx2), and every single time I tried, I would get the "maximum number of login attempts exceeded" message. Looks like there has been a bit of overkill on the security side. Blocking spammers is good, but when legitimate long-time forum members can't log in for months on end, that seems like a problem.

Also, the support email (languagelearnersforum at gmail) doesn't seem to be monitored at present? I emailed in January asking for a password reset, never heard back, finally emailed again in April and haven't received a response to that email either.

After reading other people's posts, I'm worried that as soon as I start clicking around the forum I'll be booted and won't be able to log in again. Is there any potential solution to this problem in the pipeline?
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Tue May 04, 2021 9:38 pm

We're hoping to have something sorted out soon. Need to upgrade all the forum software.
2 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

Jinx
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), German (adv), varying levels of French, Esperanto, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Croatian, Catalan, Mandarin, Japanese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16835

Postby Jinx » Wed May 05, 2021 10:21 am

rdearman wrote:We're hoping to have something sorted out soon. Need to upgrade all the forum software.

Fantastic news, thanks for the update. I was auto-logged-out once again while attempting to reply to this post, so I am eagerly looking forward to this upgrade ;)

(And thank you again for helping me regain access to this account!)
1 x
Feel free to add me on Goodreads.
Pronouns: she/her.
Corrections welcome!

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 pm

We all get locked out and have to answer riddles, and it is actually a good sign that we still have frequent users here who are willing to put up with the troubles. Hopefully there will be a solutions in due time.

I have noticed that the risk I get get locked out is higher when I write something (or just have written something) so I now first read a lot, and only then decide where to answer. Besides I write my contributions in Word and copy them as compelte as possible into the edit box. And when I have to log in and see the standard two fields then I just tap x and x because I know that I have to get through a second round with three fields. That saves time. It also saves time that I now know the answers to all the gotcha questions by heart.
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Wed May 05, 2021 2:44 pm

I preview my posts a lot as I write them. It forces the website to renew your cache and you don't get logged out so much. :)
1 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Postby smallwhite » Thu May 06, 2021 12:25 pm

Iversen wrote:... then I just tap x and x because I know that I have to get through a second round with three fields.

I type smallwhite then copy-n-paste and I thought I was efficient. Next time I’m going to try submitting without inputting anything just to beat you.
0 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”