password resets

Discuss technical problems and features here
jeffers
Orange Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Hindi (A2-B1)

Learning: The above, plus French (A2-B1), German (A1), Ancient Greek (?), Sanskrit (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7991

password resets

Postby jeffers » Tue May 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi,

I couldn't login at work, so I requested a new password. The site said that it sent me an email, but nothing came to my inbox (including spam). Is there something wrong with this feature?

Fortunately, I'm still logged in with my home computer. But now I'm nervous about what to do to change my password, since I'll be giving this laptop back to work in a couple of months, and I can't change my password without knowing my current one.
0 x
Fresh new progress bars for the 2018-19 Super Challenge:
Fr books: 14 / 100films: 24 / 200
Hi books: 0 / 50films: 0 / 50

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: password resets

Postby rdearman » Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 pm

jeffers wrote:Hi,

I couldn't login at work, so I requested a new password. The site said that it sent me an email, but nothing came to my inbox (including spam). Is there something wrong with this feature?

Fortunately, I'm still logged in with my home computer. But now I'm nervous about what to do to change my password, since I'll be giving this laptop back to work in a couple of months, and I can't change my password without knowing my current one.

There is an issue with the gmail. PM me the password you want and I will change it in the administrator screen.
0 x
: 3 / 100 100 Italian paperbacks:

Ogrim
Blue Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N) English (C2), French (C2), Spanish (C2), German (B2), Romansh (B2), Italian (B2), Catalan (B2), Russian (B1), Latin (B1), Dutch (B1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=873

Postby Ogrim » Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 am

rdearman wrote:
jeffers wrote:Hi,

There is an issue with the gmail. PM me the password you want and I will change it in the administrator screen.

I have the same issue as jeffers and I just sent a message to Administrators about it, but I'll follow your advice and PM you the new password I want. It would be great if you can let me know when you have changed it.
0 x
Ich grolle nicht

Stefan
Green Belt

Postby Stefan » Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 pm

I would say it's unwise to ask for a specific password. Get a random one and then change it yourself afterwards.
0 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”