Iszlak log to stop procrastinating (with Russian and French)!

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Iszlak
Languages: Spanish (N)
English (B1), French (A2), Russian (learning)

Iszlak log to stop procrastinating (with Russian and French)!

Postby Iszlak » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:35 am

I've been lurking on this forum for a few years but I have never created an account. However, the thread that initiated the 2019 language challenge motivated me to join this great community! Because of it, I also decided to create my first language log to track my progress and keep me accountable to my goals.
The past few years I have been studying English (never studied it conscientiously, just movies, tv shows, games and academic papers and books since I started at the university) and French (since 2017) but a two weeks ago I decided to study a language from scratch.
When I studied French it felt like cheating because of my prior knowledge of Spanish and my rather-limited-but-useful-English so I picked up Russian a week ago to learn something completely new :D

Activities for January:
Russian
This is the language that I chose to do for the 2019 language challenge so I'll try to study one hour each day. The resources that I'm using are:
  • "Assimil - El nuevo ruso sin esfuerzo"
I would appreciate any suggestions in terms of other resources that I could use! So far I'm loving the language even when I fell like I was advancing rather slowly.
French
I'm at the 60th page of Soumission (Michel Houellebecq) so I plan to finish it before the month ends. So far, it's the weakest novel that I have read from Houellebecq but it's easy to read and, thanks to the audio edition that I got from a friend, I can practice my pronunciation.

Please, fell free to give me advice, ask questions, give me feedback, etc. I'll try to post as often as I can (at least once a week) :)
2 x

Return to “Language logs”