Chamomile's Hot-Drinking Log (KOR)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
chamomile232
White Belt

Chamomile's Hot-Drinking Log (KOR)

Postby chamomile232 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:53 am

Hi all,

I've decided to keep track of my progress of how much I have been studying my TLs, so here I am, starting my language log.

Korean
This used to be my mother tongue when I was before 5 years old, but when I got to school, I mostly forgot everything. I started to re-learn it a bit back in high school, and more recently when I decided to be a bit more serious with it. I listen to some K-Pop, but I think it's mostly old school ones like back in the 90s or early 2000s.

French
I only did a semester of French language class back in middle school, but mostly forgot everything. Recently started it again with Easy French Step-By-Step and watching a ton of French Youtubers' videos.

Also, I drank 2 teabags worth of brown rice green tea (현미녹차). I thought I wouldn't like it but surprisingly it's pretty addicting. :)
6 x
Any corrections are welcome ;)

chamomile232
White Belt

Re: Chamomile's Hot-Drinking Log (KOR)

Postby chamomile232 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:21 am

For today, I finished up watching 미운우리새끼 Ep. 28 and started watching Ep. 29 on ondemandkorea.com. I signed up for a subscription since I was tired of having to watch 2 mins of ads every time, so this was a surefire way to go right into the next episode.

If I'm travelling or I'm at a place where I can't use data, I usually listen to 음악잡수다, a podcast series about music. Sometimes it talks about classical music, and others about genres like jazz. I understand about 80-90% of the time, but there are moments when she uses a specific word that I don't know, so I have to try and find the spelling and write it into Naver Eng-Kor dictionary. For example, she talked about Club 27 and how Kurt Cobain died from 과다 복용, which I later learnt after spelling trial and error that it mean 'drug overdose'.

In terms of speaking, I usually speak with my mom. I sometimes talk about 미운우리새끼 with her, and other times like if I see something on the news, then I will comment on it and she adds her input.

The book I am reading now is called 돌이킬 수 없는 약속, a crime-thriller novel about a man who receives a letter saying "They came out of prison" which starts the story. I haven't been reading it lately, so I need to get back into it.

I only drank hot coffee today from Starbucks. No 현미녹차 unfortunately. :(
5 x

chamomile232
White Belt

Postby chamomile232 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 am

So far, I'm still watching 미운우리새끼, but these days I've been watching Youtube clips of 용감한 기자들, where reporters come on to the show and share scandalous cases of murder, violence, drugs, scam, etc. I don't watch too much of it because it's serious most of the time, but it exposes me to vocabulary that I usually won't encounter as much.

I haven't been up to date on the 365 day challenge. There were some days I missed due to school, but at the moment I am focused again on maintaining those 30 mins.

I've talked with my mom about how there's the new Masked Singer US version. I told her about comparisons between the original Korean one and the recently debuted American version. She seems surprised, but commented that they focus a lot on costumes and production quality.

I got into drinking Cold Brew coffee, so I got a couple of cans from 7-eleven and drank them all. :cry:
2 x

chamomile232
White Belt

Postby chamomile232 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:28 am

I've stopped watching 미운우리새끼 for now, since school got pretty hectic. Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up the habit of studying 30 mins per day when I signed up for PeterMollenburg's challenge, but I've decided to create a few new habits on my app.

I'm still reading 돌이킬 수 없는 약속, so that's all good.

The application period for TOPIK has been released last week. I printed out the form and plan on submitting via mail to the consulate for registration. I applied last year but cancelled on taking the exam. Likely, I'll need some help on some grammar points so I'm on the fence about getting some Italki tutors.

Anyways, still drinking tons of Timmies and Starbucks. :(
2 x

Return to “Language logs”