Español...tercera parte!

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
haziz
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (L2 but at native level - my primary language), Spanish (Beginner - ?A1), Egyptian Arabic (N but not using the language), Modern Standard Arabic (?C1 passive/reading, A2 active/writing - also not using), French (Studied in school but retained very little).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19722

Español...tercera parte!

Postby haziz » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:44 am

After abandoning my studies very shortly after my new years resolutions, and dropping my last attempt working mainly through Linguaphone, I feel the urge to start again!

After splurging on some of the teaching materials discounts today, as if throwing money at it would solve my lack of motivation, I am restarting my attempts to learn Spanish. This time focusing on trying to use the language more, hence I envisage listening to podcasts, iTalki conversations, reading simplified Spanish material. I need to update some of my progress "bars" below, since I may not focus on these materials.

If you want to look at my prior attempts at tackling Spanish these were my prior logs:

Spanish B1 Level by May 2016 [Spanish TAC 2016]

Spanish.....Again!

Hopefully my motivation holds up better this time!
6 x
Spanish:
: 23 / 55 Platiquemos/FSI
: 0 / 10 Aula internacional Plus 2
: 16 / 126 Gramática de uso del español
: 0 / 6 Difusion graded readers
: 1 / 15 Spanish for Reading
: 11 / 52 Destinos

Lysander
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N); Spanish (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18668

Re: Español...tercera parte!

Postby Lysander » Mon May 16, 2022 3:36 am

haziz wrote:After abandoning my studies very shortly after my new years resolutions, and dropping my last attempt working mainly through Linguaphone, I feel the urge to start again!

After splurging on some of the teaching materials discounts today, as if throwing money at it would solve my lack of motivation, I am restarting my attempts to learn Spanish. This time focusing on trying to use the language more, hence I envisage listening to podcasts, iTalki conversations, reading simplified Spanish material. I need to update some of my progress "bars" below, since I may not focus on these materials.

If you want to look at my prior attempts at tackling Spanish these were my prior logs:

Spanish B1 Level by May 2016 [Spanish TAC 2016]

Spanish.....Again!

Hopefully my motivation holds up better this time!

Is this the version of Linguaphone Spanish you used?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284325182702?

The seller is not very responsive, so I wondered if this was the version you had. I cannot tell if it should be a 30 or 50-Lesson version. I saw from another of your posts you were up to at least Lesson 21 of 50, so if this was what your books looked like, I was thinking it could confirm this was a 50 lesson course. If not, perhaps it is 30.

By the way, I know you stopped using it, but I am curious, did you get much further than Lesson 21? I am using other courses for Spanish, but find Linguaphone courses a particularly interesting historical curiosity.
2 x
: 17 / 30 Fluenz: Latin American Spanish Vol 1
: 17 / 150 Fluenz: Latin American Spanish - Overall

Return to “Language logs”