Chinese Journey

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
jaydoublem
White Belt
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese

Re: Chinese Journey

Postby jaydoublem » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:11 pm

I'm finishing up with my first and second review of "A New China". I'm going back to reviewing Etape par Etape and focusing on the Hanzi. I will copy it this time as well.
1 x

Inst
Orange Belt
Languages: English (Primary), 普通话 (Mainland Mandarin Chinese, B2)

Postby Inst » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Good luck! This is going to take some time as one of the most time-intensive languages for native speakers of English, so bravo on being committed to it.
0 x

jaydoublem
White Belt

Postby jaydoublem » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Thank you. Yes it takes time. I probably have at least 30 minutes per day spoken for for the next few years.

After my review of "A New China" I wrote out the whole book in Hanzi on my computer. This way I was able to review it without any notes written in.

I'm now writing out Linguaphone in Hanzi on my computer. Linguaphone has Hanzi and pinyin right below it so it's not ideal for learning Hanzi. However, Linguaphone is just a great book so I would like to continue studying it which is why I'm writing out the Hanzi.
2 x

jaydoublem
White Belt

Postby jaydoublem » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:54 pm

So I'm done copying Linguaphone and revising it. What a great book. It's amazing how much time i have spent with this book and how it stays challenging and interesting.

I'm now moving on to "All Things Considered" which is Princeton's 3rd year book. I'm still studying it with the same framework as i've done with all the other books which is basically reading through about 10 different sections each day, and then moving 1 section forward each day. The last section i write out on my computer.
1 x

Return to “Language logs”