Asarena's Korean Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
koolawant
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N)
Japanese (B2-C1*)

JLPT N2 Certified

Re: Asarena's Korean Log

Postby koolawant » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:16 am

I am seriously impressed by the numbers you're able to routinely put up. Now that you have done over 12k minutes in listening, would you say that you've noticed a difference in your ability to hear/listen/pick up more? I tend to notice that I "jump" in skill after every 10k or so minutes invested into listening. I'm curious as to what you've noticed so far in your korean.

Keep up the excellent work!
1 x
: 6343 / 50000 50,000 pages read / Japanese

Asarena
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Korean (Intermediate), Russian (Beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 95b1dac51f

Re: Asarena's Korean Log

Postby Asarena » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 pm

koolawant wrote:I am seriously impressed by the numbers you're able to routinely put up. Now that you have done over 12k minutes in listening, would you say that you've noticed a difference in your ability to hear/listen/pick up more? I tend to notice that I "jump" in skill after every 10k or so minutes invested into listening. I'm curious as to what you've noticed so far in your korean.

Keep up the excellent work!

I can definitely tell that my listening is improving. There were a few broadcasts of NCT Night Night that I watched/listened to that I could understand a fair amount of, and I could understand a lot of My Neighbor Totoro when I watched that. I feel like the most difficult things to listen to are Vlives where the volume and audio quality aren't always the best, but that's kind of to be expected I guess. Also, I definitely understand the Iyagis a lot faster than I did originally. When I first listened to the Iyagis I remember there would be times where I would hear a lot more on the second or third listen. That still happens to some extent, but now I can hear and understand a lot from one listen. I also notice myself picking out more words and phrases when listening to songs as well, but that's still pretty hit or miss.
3 x

Asarena
Green Belt

10/3/18

Postby Asarena » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:50 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 4 of The Great Escape, episode 10 of Omniscient Interfering View, and more of NCT 127's LieV.

Audio: I listened to two Iyagis.

Reading: I finished volume 3 of Fruits Basket and started volume 4.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ Today's KGIU lesson was about -(으)ㄹ 뿐이다.

SC Progress:
Films- 12,655/9000 minutes (+201)
Books- 748/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

10/4/18

Postby Asarena » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I finished watching NCT 127's LieV, watched a Stray Kids Vlive and episode 11 of Omniscient Interfering View, and started watching episode 12 of Omniscient Interfering View.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched the first 20 minutes of Ponyo dubbed in Korean.

Reading: I read more of Fruits Basket.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I finished chapter 20 of KGIU Intermediate and did the chapter quiz. The last lesson in the chapter was about (이)야말로.

SC Progress:
Films- 12,854/9000 minutes (+199)
Books- 761/5000 pages (+13)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

10/5/18

Postby Asarena » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched a Stray Kids Vlive and finished watching episode 12 of Omniscient Interfering View.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched 15 more minutes of Ponyo.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I started chapter 21 of KGIU Intermediate. This chapter is about expressing aims and intentions, and the first lesson was about -게.

SC Progress:
Films- 12,976/9000 minutes (+122)
Books- 771/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

10/6/18

Postby Asarena » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 14 of LAN Life and episode 3 of season 3 of The 9th, and I started watching episode 13 of Omniscient Interfering View.

Audio: I listened to two Iyagis and ten minutes of an episode of NCT Night Night.

Reading: I finished volume 4 of Fruits Basket and started volume 5.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ Chapter 21 of KGIU Intermediate only had two lessons, so I finished that chapter and did the chapter quiz. The second lesson was about -도록.

SC Progress:
Films- 13,150/9000 minutes (+174)
Books- 781/5000 pages (+10)
2 x

Asarena
Green Belt

10/7/18

Postby Asarena » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I finished watching episode 13 of Omniscient Interfering View, watched a Stray Kids Vlive and episode 1 of New Journey to the West 5, and started watching episode 14 of Omniscient Interfering View. New Journey to the West is probably one of my favorite variety shows, so I'm excited to watch this season.

Audio: I listened to two Iyagis and ten more minutes of the NCT Night Night episode that I started yesterday.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I started chapter 22 of KGIU Intermediate. This chapter is about expressing completion, and the first lesson was about -았/었다가.

SC Progress:
Films- 13,369/9000 minutes (+219)
Books- 791/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

10/8/18

Postby Asarena » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:32 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I finished watching episode 14 of Omniscient Interfering View and started watching episode 2 of New Journey to the West 5. The second episode was subbed much more quickly than the first, so that was a nice surprise.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ Today's KGIU Lesson was about -았/었던.

SC Progress:
Films- 13,474/9000 minutes (+105)
Books- 803/5000 pages (+12)

I wasn't able to watch as much as usual yesterday, and for that I blame NCT 127. You see, it all started at noon, when the MV for the English version of their new song was supposed to be released. It was, in fact, not released at the scheduled time. At the same time, the song was premiered on some Apple radio thing, so I did listen to it there as well as a bit of their interview. It interrupted my Anki reviews because I felt the need to check whether or not the MV had been posted yet every two minutes or so. Then, when it was finally posted, I had to watch it a few times of course, so that further delayed my reviews. It didn't end there though. Later in the day they recorded their performance of their new song for Jimmy Kimmel, and they performed a few of their other songs as well, so then I had to watch the fancams of those. Then, at night, I had to watch their performance when it aired on Jimmy Kimmel. Also, before that I first had to figure out what channel ABC was on my TV. Their performance was at the end of the show, so I was watching Omniscient Interfering View on my IPad while I waited, but it was hard to concentrate. In conclusion, it was an irregular day.
3 x

Asarena
Green Belt

10/9/18

Postby Asarena » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I finished watching episode 2 of New Journey to the West 5, watched a Stray Kids Vlive, and started watching episode 15 of Omniscient Interfering View.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched a Stray Kids Vlive.

Reading: I read a little bit of Fruits Basket.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ Today's KGIU lesson was about -아/어 버리다.

SC Progress:
Films- 13,642/9000 minutes (+168)
Books- 805/5000 pages (+2)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

10/10/18

Postby Asarena » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched three Stray Kids Vlives, episode 5 of The Great Escape, and a little bit more of episode 15 of Omniscient Interfering View.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched a random vlog. In order to find some vlogs I searched for "부산" on YouTube. My logic was that searching a city name would bring up vlogs since vloggers like to vlog their trips.

Reading: I finished reading volume 5 of Fruits Basket.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I finished chapter 22 of KGIU Intermediate and did the chapter quiz. The last lesson in the chapter was about -고 말다.

SC Progress:
Films- 13,805/9000 minutes (+163)
Books- 815/5000 pages (+10)
2 x

Return to “Language logs”