Asarena's Korean Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Asarena
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Korean (Intermediate), Russian (Beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 95b1dac51f

Re: Asarena's Korean Log

Postby Asarena » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:17 am

I didn't get too much done on Tuesday and Wednesday due to the Fourth of July. I did my daily stuff and read a bit more of the Beauty and the Beast book. Also, in terms of unsubbed videos, on a Korean(/Japanese/Chinese/etc.) entertainment forum I'm on, someone made a thread asking what non-English speaking Youtubers people watch, and they mentioned a Korean gaming Youtuber. I checked out their channel and they've played a lot of Mario games, so now I'm watching their Super Mario Odyssey playthrough. I've watched about two hours of it so far. I haven't played that game lately, but now I feel like playing it again. I also watched an unsubbed Stray Kids Vlive last night because I happened to catch it live. Yesterday, I watched a subbed NCT Vlive and today I watched episode three of The 9th season 2. I still haven't finished watching episode three of Produce 48, but I think I might go do that now. Today I had more time, so I did more grammar review, and I started the intermediate KGIU book. I also started listening to a new Iyagi. Usually, I listen to two Iyagis a day. I'll listen to the most recent one I've downloaded for several days in a row, and then I'll also listen to a random one each day that I've already listened to.
2 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:55 am

Last night I ended up finishing episode three of Produce 48, and I also finished the Beauty and The Beast book. Today I did my daily stuff, and I watched more videos as usual. For unsubbed videos, I watched an NCT 127 Vlive in the morning, and I watched more of the Super Mario Odyssey playthrough as well. NCT 127 did two Vlives today/yesterday, one in the morning and another one that ended a few minutes ago. They were each about an hour long. The second one was somewhat subbed, meaning that it had live subtitles, which I usually end up not paying much attention to since they're a bit delayed and such. For English subbed videos, I watched N'-44 and episode nine of It's Dangerous Beyond the Blankets. For reading, I started another children's book. This one is Little Red Riding Hood. Also, I usually try to read the tweets from the official accounts of Kpop groups that I follow in Korean before reading a translation.
4 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:30 am

Today I had a headache pretty much the whole day, so I didn't watch many things. For unsubbed content, there was a 20 minute Stray Kids Vlive that I watched this morning, and I also watched a bit more of the Mario playthrough. I don't think I watched any subbed videos today. I also did my basic Anki, KGIU, Lingodeer, and journal entry as usual. I decided that I'd just add to the Evita Anki deck, so I added some sentences from the KGIU Intermediate lessons that I've done so far. Since my headache finally faded away a bit, I'll probably read a bit of the Little Red Riding Hood book pdf before bed.
2 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:26 am

On Sunday I did my usual Anki, Lingodeer, KGIU, journal entry, and Iyagi listening. For unsubbed videos I watched more of the Mario playthrough, and for English subbed videos I watched an hour long NCT Vlive. I also read more of the Little Red Riding Hood book.

Today I did my usual stuff again, but, instead of listening to two Iyagis, I listened to eight of the sixteen Iyagis that I've listened to so far. I'm going to listen to the other eight tomorrow and then start listening to the next one in the series. I watched a bit more of the Mario playthrough, and for English subbed videos I watched an hour long NCT Vlive and a 40 minute NCT Vlive. I read a few more pages of the Little Red Riding Hood book as well.
2 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:34 am

Eng Subbed Videos: The 9th Season 2 Episode 4

Unsubbed Videos: More of the Super Mario Odyssey playthrough

Audio: I relistened to episodes 9-16 of the Iyagi series, and I also listened to episode 17 for the first time.

Reading: I read two more pages of the Little Red Riding Hood book. At this point I have to say that I preferred the Beauty and the Beast book. It occurs to me that I never liked the story of Little Red Riding Hood very much to begin with.

KGIU: I learned the -(으)ㄹ걸요 ending, and I added cards to my Anki sentence deck.

Anki: I did my reviews, added new words to my vocabulary deck, and added new sentences using the grammar I learned today to the sentence deck I use.

Writing: I wrote my daily journal entry. I really need to look up prompts or something to use for my journal. I can never think of anything particularly interesting to write about.

Other: I did my daily Lingodeer review.
3 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched some Stray Kids and NCT Vlives. I also watched an hour of Produce 48 episode 4. (Total time: 108 minutes)

Unsubbed Videos: More of the Super Mario Odyssey playthrough (Total time: 120 minutes)

Audio: I listened to my daily two episodes of the Iyagi podcast. (Total time: 15 minutes)

Reading: I didn't read any of Little Red Riding Hood today. Instead, I started checking out some Naver webtoons. Each chapter/episode of the webtoon consists of one long vertical page. For now, I decided to count each episode as 2.5 pages for the Super Challenge. I'm not really sure exactly how accurate that is though. I read four episodes today. (Total pages: 10)

KGIU: I learned about -(으)ㄴ/는/(으)ㄹ 줄 몰랐다(알았다). There were actually already some cards in the Evita Anki deck that used this grammar point, so I already kind of knew about it. It was nice to officially learn about it though, and I added a few more cards for good measure.

Anki: Did my reviews and added new cards

Writing: Journal entry

Lingodeer: Did my daily review

Other: I joined the Super Challenge, which is why I noted my times and pages up above. I'm not too worried about the film(watching/listening) portion of the challenge, but I think the reading portion will prove to be a bit trickier.

SC Progress:
Films- 243/9000 Minutes (+243)
Books- 10/5000 Pages (+10)
2 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:34 am

Eng Subbed Videos: On Thursday I watched some NCT Vlives. Today I watched more NCT Vlives, a Stray Kids Vlive, and episode 10 of It's Dangerous Beyond The Blankets.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched more of the Mario playthrough on both days.

Audio: I listened to my daily two Iyagis per day.

Reading: I read the transcripts for a few of the Iyagis. I'm counting each page as half a page.

KGIU: I did my daily KGIU each day. Yesterday I finished the first chapter, and there was a quiz at the end to review the grammar points from that chapter. I got all of the questions correct, so that was nice.

Anki: I did my reviews and added cards as usual.

Writing: I did my daily journal entries.

Lingodeer: I did my daily reviews.

SC Progress:
Films- 786/9000 minutes (+543)
Books- 23/5000 pages (+13)
2 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:44 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched some NCT Vlives.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched more of the Super Mario Odyssey playthrough.

Audio: I listened to my daily Iyagis.

Reading: I started reading a webtoon that I saw recommended somewhere. I like it so far.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer: I did all of these as usual.

SC Progress:
Films- 1003/9000 minutes (+217)
Books- 33/5000 pages (+10)
2 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I rewatched episode 1 of NCT Life in Bangkok. I watched it before around the time it came out, but I wasn't a fan of NCT then. I watched the other NCT Life seasons more recently, so I've been wanting to rewatch this one, and I finally started~

Unsubbed Videos: I'm still watching the Super Mario Odyssey playthrough.

Audio: I listened to my daily Iyagis as usual.

Reading: I read more of the webtoon that I started reading yesterday.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer: I did all of these.

SC Progress:
Films- 1180/9000 minutes (+177)
Books- 48/5000 pages (+15)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:19 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode one of Stray Kids' K-log, episode ten of Unexpected Q, and episode two of NCT Life in Bangkok.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched more of the Super Mario Odyssey playthrough.

Audio: I listened to two Iyagis.

Reading: I read more of the webtoon I've been reading.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer: I did all of these. I finished chapter two of the intermediate KGIU book, and I got all of the questions on the little chapter quiz correct.

SC Progress:
Films- 1468/9000 minutes (+288)
Books- 58/5000 pages (+10)
3 x

Return to “Language logs”