Asarena's Korean Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Asarena
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Korean (Intermediate), Russian (Beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 95b1dac51f

Re: Asarena's Korean Log

Postby Asarena » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:07 pm

I had a migraine for the past two days, so here's a combined log for Saturday and Sunday.

Eng Subbed Videos: NCT Vlive, Stray Kids Vlive, and NCT Life Ep 10

Unsubbed Videos: Stray Kids' appearance on a viewable radio show

Audio: One Iyagi per day

Reading: Webtoon

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer: I did everything except KGIU both days.

SC Progress:
Films- 4770/9000 minutes (+124)
Books- 223/5000 pages (+20)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:24 am

Eng Subbed Videos: Episode 1 of Two Kids Room, an NCT Vlive, episode 6 of LAN Life, and episode 15 of Unexpected Q

Unsubbed Videos: N/A

Audio: One Iyagi

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer: ✓ Today I passed three thousand notes in my Anki vocabulary deck.

SC Progress:
Films- 4957/9000 minutes (+187)
Books- 233/5000 pages (+10)

Today I'd like to take a moment to talk about some of the shows that I watch. First of all, there's Unexpected Q. It's kind of interesting that I keep watching this show because the main point of the show is that the cast members and guests have to guess songs based on emojis or acting out the song lyrics. It's interesting because most of the songs are Korean, and, outside of modern Kpop songs, I don't actually know a wide variety of Korean music, so usually I have no hope of guessing the songs. I think there have only been two songs that I guessed correctly, and those songs were Hot Summer by F(x) and Sorry Sorry by Super Junior. Although, in this episode they actually included a few pop songs as well and mentioned the international fans of the show. You might be thinking, "Oh, so you must have guessed those songs correctly then?" Well... No... I didn't guess those correctly either. Anyway, I keep watching it, so I must like it. Also, Seungkwan is one of the cast members, and I do like Seungkwan.

Next up, we have LAN Life. LAN Life features four internet content creators, so like streamers, Youtubers, etc. It shows how they do their broadcasts/make their videos and such and follows them through their day. When I watch this show it makes me feel like watching their videos, but we're six episodes in and I still haven't watched any of their videos. Well, I actually have watched some of 대도서관's videos before, but that was before I watched this show. I really do want to watch his and his wife's videos, but I have a habit of never watching things that I want to watch. Why? I don't know, but I should really try to fix that habit.

Finally, there's Hyori's Bed and Breakfast. I'm currently on the fifth episode, and I really like it so far. It's nice seeing what Hyori, her husband, IU, and their various guests do. It's more of a calm show, so I like to watch it at night when I feel like relaxing.
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 11 of NCT Life, finished episode 5 of Hyori's Bed and Breakfast, and started episode 6 of Hyori's Bed and Breakfast.

Unsubbed Videos: I finally watched some more of the Yoshi's Woolly World playthrough.

Audio: One Iyagi

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer:

SC Progress:
Films- 5083/9000 minutes (+126)
Books- 243/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:54 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I finished episode 6 of Hyori's Bed and Breakfast.

Unsubbed Videos: The other day I mentioned how I wanted to watch the videos made by the creators on LAN Life, and I finally watched a bit. I saw that JR from Nu'est had appeared as a guest on one of 대도서관's streams, so I watched that video. JR is actually one of the MCs on LAN Life as well.

Audio: Two Iyagis

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer: ✓ With my Anki vocabulary deck, I always search the definition on the Korean-Korean Naver dictionary first, and if I understand the definition in Korean then I just use that on the back of the card. Of course I usually don't understand it, so then I look it up on the Korean-English Naver dictionary. Today though, I learned the word 가렵다, and I was thinking maybe the definition would have something like "긁고 싶은" in it, and maybe I would understand it. It turned out that I had guessed correctly, and the definition was "피부에 긁고 싶은 느낌이 있다." I'm always happy when I guess things correctly, probably because it doesn't happen often.

SC Progress:
Films- 5285/9000 minutes (+202)
Books- 253/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:26 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I started episode 7 of Hyori's Bed and Breakfast and watched episode 12 of NCT Life.

SC Progress:
Films- 5352/9000 minutes (+67)
Books- 263/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:07 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched an episode of Let's Eat Dinner Together and an NCT Vlive. I like Let's Eat Dinner Together, but I don't really watch it that often. If I feel like watching it then I usually just watch the most recent episode. Sometimes I do watch a specific episode if I like one or both of the guests though.

SC Progress:
Films- 5480/9000 minutes (+128)
Books- 273/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:49 am

Eng Subbed Videos: Episode 7 of LAN Life and a Stray Kids Vlive

SC Progress:
Films- 5612/9000 minutes (+132)
Books- 283/5000 pages (+10)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:17 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 141 of Knowing Bros and episode 1 of SKZ-TALKER. Knowing Bros is a good show, but I only watch it when someone/a group I like is a guest on it. I watched this episode because NCT's Lucas was a guest.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer: I did everything except for KGIU. I feel like I always end up having less time to do things on the weekend, and KGIU seems to be the first thing I give up on doing when it comes to studying Korean.

SC Progress:
Films- 5739/9000 minutes (+127) Speaking of NCT, NCT 127 is a subunit of NCT and- Sorry, what was I doing again? Oh right, my Korean log.
Books- 293/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:20 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 16 of Unexpected Q. I managed to guess two songs correctly during the emoji game. The songs I guessed correctly were It's Raining Men and Do You Want to Build a Snowman? Korean songs are still impossible for me to guess for the most part, but at least I can guess some of the pop songs they include.

Unsubbed Videos: I mentioned before that I'd watched the video of JR's appearance on 대도서관's stream. Well, JR also appeared on 윰댕's stream, so I finally started watching the video of that. 윰댕 is 대도서관's wife, and she's also on LAN Life.

KGIU, Anki, journal entry, and Lingodeer: ✓ I'm on chapter 9 of KGIU Intermediate, so I'm currently learning more about passive verbs.

SC Progress:
Films- 5867/9000 minutes (+128)
Books- 303/5000 pages (+10)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Postby Asarena » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 pm

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched Red Velvet's episode of Idol Room, Stray Kids' appearance on a radio show, and part of episode seven of Hyori's Bed and Breakfast.

Unsubbed Videos: I finished watching the video of the stream 윰댕 did with JR.

SC Progress:
Films- 6058/9000 minutes (+191)
Books- 313/5000 pages (+10)
1 x

Return to “Language logs”