Tea With Tarvos - Tarvos' Log 2019

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: NL, EN
Professional: ES, RU
Speak well: DE, FR, RO, EO, SV
Speak reasonably: IT, ZH, PT, NO, EL, CZ
Need improvement: PO, IS, HE, JP, KO, HU, FI
Passive: AF, DK, LAT
Dabbled in: BRT, ZH (SH), BG, EUS, ZH (CAN), and a whole lot more.
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Re: Tarvos' новый лог

Postby tarvos » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:02 am

Langsam fahren wir weiter, aber nicht ohne Ergebnisse. Und jetzt lese ich wieder auf Griechisch (ein wenig schwerer wie auf Romanische oder Germanische Sprachen, aber trotzdem ist es gut möglich zu verstehen, wovon man redet). Und ja, ich spreche auch hier teilweise auf anderen Sprachen weil es mir so müde macht nur Englisch zu sehen. Ich weiß doch auch, viele Leute hier werden nichts davon verstehen, oder die halten mir für verruckt. Kein Problem. Ich mache das nicht rücksichtslos und es ist auch besser, weil die Leute hier dann auch etwas Leseübung auf Deutsch bekommen.

Ein wenig mehr wie ich in den letzten Tagen, aber trotzdem.

Hauptsache Übung. Und ein wenig mehr Selbstvertrauen, dass wir das schaffen können, auch auf Deutsch, oder Französisch, oder je nachdem euer Sprachwahl, Klingonisch.
0 x
I hope your world is kind.

Is a girl.

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:41 pm

ΕΛ: Έχω βλέπει ένα βίντεο στον Ιούτιουμπ για τον πολύγλωσσα Γιάννη Οικονόμου. Είναι Έλληνος από την Κρήτη, αλλά μείνει στο Βρυξέλλες και δουλεύει ως μεταφραστής εδώ. Μιλάει περίπου 32 γλώσσες και όλο το βίντεο ήταν στα ελληνικά - όμως δεν είχα προβλήματα να καταλαβαίνω την ιστορία. Και τώρα συνεχίζω με το διάβασμα μου - Μνήμες Σκοτεινές Αναδυόμενες, από το Δημήτρη Παπαδημητρίου. Καμιάς φορές γράφει σαν ένα παιδί, μα το βιβλίο είναι απλό - τέλια για τους σκοπούς μου.

Και το βίντεο πάρει 25 λεπτά - είναι ωραία πράξη για τους μαθητές των ελληνικών εκεί. Οποίοι είναι μόνοι Ίβερσεν και εγώ, βέβαια...
1 x

Is a girl.

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 am

Something in German about being openly trans - and forgive me my grammar, for I know not what I do. It *is* German after all.
clicky plox
2 x

Is a girl.

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 pm

My Greek is still going slowly (the book, that is), because I can't read Greek half as well as I would like to, and I read it less than half as well as it deserves (if you can spot the reference, cookies...)

I'm going to move soon, so I haven't been focused on any new language and I don't want to be for the time being (Shanghainese has to wait, sorry), and anyway I kind of need to maintain all my current languages, so right now there are no projects or things going on except maintenance and preparing for Spanish C2.

I guess you are all very disappointed that I haven't learned another five languages to C1 in the meanwhile, but I have my limits, you know.
4 x

Is a girl.

jeff_lindqvist
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: sv, en
de, es
ga, eo
---
fi, yue, ro, tp, cy, kw, pt, sk
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2773

Postby jeff_lindqvist » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:20 pm

tarvos wrote:My Greek is still going slowly (the book, that is), because I can't read Greek half as well as I would like to, and I read it less than half as well as it deserves (if you can spot the reference, cookies...)

Without saying too much - 33, 111 and September 22nd. :ugeek:
2 x
Leabhair/Greannáin léite as Gaeilge: 9 / 18
Ar an seastán oíche: Oileán an Órchiste
Duolingo - finished trees: sp/ga/de/fr/pt/it
Finnish with extra pain : 100 / 100

Llorg Blog - Wiki - Discord

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:38 am

tarvos wrote:Something in German about being openly trans - and forgive me my grammar, for I know not what I do. It *is* German after all.
clicky plox

I read this today and it's interesting, but what a pity that the people say for example what's your real name, and insist asking somethings and judge so much in the binary way. people love categories and to categorise and put a label. They do that for the nationalities as well.

By the way, I think that you made a mistake which is a coincidnce when your topic was gender, that you wrote "Dank Lydia Machová und seine Mitarbeitern" she's feminine I think, so it should be "und ihre Mitarbeitern" (?) Your German is much better than mine, so I was happy to see a possible mistake haha.
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:55 am

vogeltje wrote:
tarvos wrote:Something in German about being openly trans - and forgive me my grammar, for I know not what I do. It *is* German after all.
clicky plox

I read this today and it's interesting, but what a pity that the people say for example what's your real name, and insist asking somethings and judge so much in the binary way. people love categories and to categorise and put a label. They do that for the nationalities as well.

By the way, I think that you made a mistake which is a coincidnce when your topic was gender, that you wrote "Dank Lydia Machová und seine Mitarbeitern" she's feminine I think, so it should be "und ihre Mitarbeitern" (?) Your German is much better than mine, so I was happy to see a possible mistake haha.

Oh, I must have been sleeping. And my German isn't actually that great. It's much better spoken than written and I don't normally write in German.
1 x

Is a girl.

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:28 pm

It seems great.

I voted for your post but it gave you -1 (??) Minus votes haha
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:29 pm

I've tried again and it was +1, I think.
But this time I got

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

:)
0 x

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby tarvos » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:45 pm

Why thank you. I am not so impressed with it, but it's certainly serviceable and it works well. And I understand German very well too, which helps.

(German is one of those languages that doesn't cost me much to maintain.)

That said, I finally have booked sets of Shanghainese classes with two different iTalki teachers, so that I can fulfill on my promise. It'll just be a one month project for funsies, I'm not planning to go big with it (I may if I decide I like it a lot). But it could easily end up like my Bulgarian - a fun side project for a while. And we should treat it as that for the time being while I keep on going with my bigger languages such as Spanish and maintaining all the other ones.

By the way - I messaged my teachers in Mandarin, not in English.
3 x

Is a girl.

Return to “Language logs”