rpg learns Spanish, French, et cetera

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
rpg
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), French (advanced), Spanish (~B2),
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=8368

Re: rpg learns Spanish, French, et cetera

Postby rpg » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am

I'm a big David Castello-Lopes fan in general (to the point of being willing to get tickets to one of his shows in France if only I had someone who would go with me...), though his France Inter stuff isn't quite as good imo. But I enjoyed this one from him, relevant to many of us on the forum:

I'm slowly chugging along in Turkish. Assimil is going at a snail's pace but I'm working on Lesson 15 right now, which I think is actually a bit easier than Lesson 13 was, and today is lesson 11 in Pimsleur.

I've also been watching some Comprehensible Thai videos out of curiosity. There's over 1000 hours of video on that channel now and I am curious about trying a bit of "input-only" methodology for myself, even though Thai isn't exactly a high priority language for me. I've watched 8 videos of their B0 playlist (each one is a half hour) and while it was super hard to stay focused at first it's getting a bit better now that I've learned a few words.

Going back to languages that *are* a high priority for me, though, I really want to restart my German learning. I've had the assimil e-methode on my phone for four years, having done maybe a dozen lessons when I first bought it, and I thought that maybe it's a good time to get back into that. I quickly relistened to the first five lessons last night and I'll probably continue doing a bunch more at once until I run into something new, and then slow down to a more reasonable Assimil-ish pace. I figure it's going to be a good way to review since I know my skills have atrophied.
5 x

Return to “Language logs”