The iguana's tale- Portuguese, Spanish, Haitian Creole and Ladino

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan (B2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Re: The iguana's tale- Portuguese, Spanish, Haitian Creole and Ladino

Postby iguanamon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Catalan
"Els Cosacs" is now another book I have read in Catalan. The latter half of the book is where the story gets told. We learn the answer to the question of can we truly become someone else or are the ties that bind us to class and upbringing more powerful?

As an American whose ancestors came from Britain almost 400 years ago, the class system was ostensibly left behind upon arrival in the new world. Most who came of age in the 20th Century were taught and brought up to believe that there was no class system in the US. We learned the myth of the "self-made man" which of course, left out women, natives and people of color, and disregarded the country's original sin of slavery. Myths die hard and often persist beyond what should have been their natural deaths. Those of us with that formation, can find it somewhat hard to understand a rigid class system like existed in Russia in 1863. Why can't Olennin (the protagonist of Els Cosacs) just find a nice Cossack girl, buy a house and some land near the village on the Terek River, settle down and live happily ever after? We may know why and hope that he can do it anyway, but we know that he can't. It is harder to do what we must do to be truly free than we often times think it is.

As a noble, Olennin is as bound to the system as his serfs are bound to his servitude. He tries to break free but he wants that freedom on his terms. The ties that bind him to his hierarchical society are like rubber bands that will let him stretch out pretty far, but always snap him back. Lev Tolstoy is an iconic Russian writer. He was a writer who was a master of delineating the human condition in Russia and by extension the world... which is why his writing will always remain relevant.

Having read the book in Catalan translation, I can now say that it did not kill my momentum I'm gaining with the "noir/hard-boiled detective" genre of both translated and original Catalan literature. It just slowed the momentum down a little. I'm glad to have read it. Ironically, it's spurred my desire to read Tolstoy's later great novels- "Anna Karenina" and "War and Peace" in Spanish, and/or Portuguese. These are my strongest languages.

Now, I've moved onto "Qui Mana" ("The Deep" title in English original) by Mickey Spillane.

This book is just like the image suggests, but more.
synopsis Grup62 wrote:Bennet era l’amo absolut, però discutit, d’un imperi criminal que feia la seva llei, i algú no hi devia estar conforme, perquè un bon dia el trobaren mort, assassinat, a casa seva. Aleshores entra en escena el seu hereu, el Deep enigmàtic que vint-i-cinc anys enrera s’absentà de la ciutat per no haver de competir amb el seu amic. És un home dur, segur d’ell mateix, audaç, avesat a tota mena de situacions i que sap imposar-se per la sola força de la seva personalitat. Com ell diu: «Sóc al capdamunt. Si els mano que saltin, només pregunten fins a quina alçada, i si els dic que escupin només volen saber si l’escopinada ha de ser gaire grossa». Però això no evita que de vegades li escupin al damunt i que l’allisin a cops de peus. Ni que la policia la hi tingui jurada, naturalment. Ara que al final…, però el final és precisament aquest cop de puny emocional que ha convertit Spillane en l’autor predilecte de trenta-dos milions de lectors.

"Deep" is a mob boss who returns to New York after the murder of his friend, leader of the local mob in his district, Bennet. They were childhood friends. Deep left the city because he didn't want to have to compete with his friend. Bennet left Deep the empire in his will, but there are conditions to inherit. Deep must discover Bennet's killer (most likely dead, but you can't put that in a legal document) in two weeks or the inheritance passes to the organization's attorney.

As the synopsis says Deep is one big bad dude. He makes Samuel L. Jackson look meek. Deep tells his men to jump, and they ask "how high?". I'm a little over halfway through the book right now and seem to be a little bit closer to finding the killer than we were at the beginning. It's a good book so far. Again, the issue is translating American slang from 1961 to Catalan, but I'm getting it.

Mickey Spillane is best known for his hard-boiled detective series "Mike Hammer", which became a tv series in the 1980's. Spillane was all about money. Whenever he needed more, he'd just write another book. Spillane took about a 15 year break from drinking and carousing. He became a Jehova's witness, and then left to write "The Deep" in 1961. Of course, in order to get people to buy the books, he had to be a pretty good writer, even if he was mercenary about it.

Having used the Old Testament of the Bible to gain a foothold in Haitian Creole and Ladino, I thought I'd give it a rest for a while with Catalan. The "La Cua de Palla" selection is serving me well so far. From Tolstoy to Mickey Spillane, I doubt my old university literature professor would approve, but it works for me.

I'm also watching Plats Bruts again, the 20 year old Catalan comedy show and working with the transcripts I have for the first season.

Spanish
With the World Series finished now, baseball season is over in the States and Canada... but it's just getting going in the Caribbean. This year the MLB TV site/app is streaming the entire Liga Dominicana de Béisbol Invernal (Lidom) for a $24.95 US subscription. Along with Puerto Rico, Colombia and Venezuela, the Dominican Winter league serves to provide an off-season for major and minor league baseball players to tune up their game and get noticed before the MLB season starts again in North America in early Spring. The games are streamed in HD, Spanish audio only, of course. Some of the teams use every bit of downtime to get in every ad (audio) they can, so, if you're studying Spanish and want a lot of exposure to the language, here's your chance. Between innings, all the local ads are left in. They get muted for the MLB games.

Mèsi pou li tou sa isit la. M a wè nou pita. Orevwa pou kounye a.
13 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)

Postby iguanamon » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:08 pm

Catalan
I am keeping my momentum going in Catalan with reading books, a newspaper and watching videos and a series. It's getting more difficult to read newspapers with the ever more increasing adoption of paywalls. I can't say as I blame news sites for wanting to be paid for their product. I block their ads when I can, cheating them out of revenue, although, nowadays "adblocker must be disabled for the majority of them. The newspaper I enjoy reading the most is from Catalunya del nord, Perpignan/Perpinyá- La Clau. This is the largest city of Catalunya del nord in France. The Catalan-speakers are a minority who are struggling to keep their language relevant in their ancestral home surrounded by French-speakers... which of course is attractive to me.

The stories in La Clau typically are about Perpinyà and a bit from across the border in Sanish Catalunya. The varied stories help me with vocabulary and turns of phrase. They're short enough to where if I read an article about the future of a thousand year old irrigation canal under government threat, a topic that isn't of burning interest to me, isn't going to kill me soul to read it. Reading widely, especially in topics that I may not be all that interested, helps to develop and consolidate a wider vocabulary.

I like Diari ARA, but I am not enthralled by the machinations of Catalan politics. Spanish football- Barça. I'm there for culture and international news.

The thing about being multi-lingual and keeping up to date with L2 news stories in multiple languages is that you can't subscribe to multiple news sites in multiple languages and only pick just a few articles to read. You're better off with free sites so you don't feel guilty about not utilizing all that's there. It starts to become cost prohibitive as the subscriptions mount up... just like with multiple streaming services. Fortunately, there are still good free alternatives in my major languages.

Moving on, I finished Mickey Spillane's "Qui mana"/"The Deep". I knew that Spillane was a writer of hard-boiled detective/mystery novels but had never read any of his work before. So, now I have. I just didn't read it in its English original. The novel grew on me as I got more into it. It's well written. The character "Deep" is more than just a stereotyped tough, hard-boiled mob boss. Deep has a rather difficult mystery to solve about who murdered his childhood friend (and former mob boss) Bennet. More characters enter the scene and get killed as Deep gets closer to the resolution of the mystery.

I am not going to give away spoilers. I didn't figure out who Bennet's killer was until near the end of the book. Also, there is a surprise ending I didn't see coming til the very end. All in all, I enjoyed the book. Language-learning has given me the excuse to read some of these authors and books I may have wanted to read before but couldn't justify doing so in my native English.

I have moved on to "Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann" by Jonas Jonasson of Sweden. No, I'm not learning Swedish, sorry, Jeff! The book's title in Catalan is "L'avi de 100 anys que es va escapar per la finestra".

I am only 70 pages in, 17% of 416 pages, but I am really enjoying this novel. Jonasson, before becoming an author, was a journalist. His writing style is somewhat journalistic in nature too but this is not markedly so.
My synopsis, albeit early in the book, is: A hundred year old man (still with all his faculties) escapes his care home on his 100th birthday- leaving out the window of his room, he makes it to the bus station of his small town in Northern Sweden. While in the waiting lounge he is the only one there until he is joined by a young man with a rollie suitcase and a jacket that says "Never again" on the back. The young man asks the old fellow, Allan, to look after the bag while he uses the restroom. Allan gets on the next bus, while the young man is still in the loo, and takes the man's bag with him.

He asks the driver how far 50 Krona (about $5.50 USD) will get him and the driver takes him to an old abandoned rail station in the middle of nowhere to let him off with his rollie bag. The abandoned station is a bit of a walk from the road. Allan goes to the station and the middle-aged man who lives there invites him in.

Of course, the young man with the "Never Again" jacket is a member of an organized crime gang. He goes after the man who stole his bag, which we soon become aware has 50 million Swedish Krona ($5,500,000 USD) inside! Then the nursing home staff calls the police to report Allan missing and the adventure begins.

So, this is a fun and funny departure from the noir/hard-boiled genre I've been reading in Catalan to adventure and caper. Allan shares his memories with us which are entertaining and surprising. I am looking forward to reading the rest of it. The book has been translated into over 30 languages, so it might be available in one of yours. It was made into a film in Sweden. I'll have to see if I can get it in Catalan, Spanish, or Portuguese.

Portuguese
I'm still keeping up with Portuguese. I read this article on CNN Brasil's webpage about the Premio Jabuti finalists in literature. The books have contemporary themes.

Legendary Brazilian singer/songwriter Caetano Veloso has a new album, Meu Coco. This is one of my favorite cuts "Sem Samba Não Dá"- loosely translated "Without samba it's not right"

Spanish
Still enjoying Dominican League baseball three nights a week. I watched some of the Arizona (US) "Fallstars" game with minor leaguers in English. It just didn't seem right since I've watched so many games now in Spanish. I wish I could've had that option when I was learning Spanish!

The Latin Grammies are coming up soon. My favorite singer/songwriter/salsero Rubén Blades was honored in Las Vegas, Nevada as Persona del Año at a show where his greatest hits were sung by other Latin artists.

If you think he looks familiar, he's also an actor who has appeared in several films and is currently starring in "Fear The Walking Dead" as Daniel Salazar. As a salsero, Blades breaks the mold. He studied as a lawyer in Panamá and Harvard University. Don't let the beguiling salsa beat fool you, his lyrics are intelligent and thought provoking. The song below refers to Archbishop Óscar Romero a left-leaning priest who was murdered in the civil war in El Salvador- El padre Antonio y su monaguillo Andrés:

I am happy to see Rubén Blades honored for his contribution to music. I've been listening to him since I first discovered him at university. He deserves all of his accolades.

Djudeo-espanyol/Ladino
Last niight on twitter I saw this in a tweet from Ladino21 -Bryan Kirschen asking his followers if they could translate this solitreo (Rashi cursive) writing:
It says: Buenos dias Karlos, Kuando vas a la biblioteka, te rogo ke demandes por el livro: la "Ladrona de onor" mersi muncho, saludoko ke estes
Good morning, Karlos. When you go to the library, I beg you to ask for the book: "The Thief of Honor (female)" Thanks a lot, be healthy.
His reply was כל הכבוד/"well done". As the English say, it was "easy peasy lemon squeezy".

Sa se tout pou kounye a, mezanmim. Mèsi pou li tou sa. M a wè nou pita.
Last edited by iguanamon on Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 x

jeff_lindqvist
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: sv, en
de, es
ga, eo
---
fi, yue, ro, tp, cy, kw, pt, sk
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2773

Postby jeff_lindqvist » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:52 pm

iguanamon wrote:I have moved on to "Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann" by Jonas Jonasson of Sweden. No, I'm not learning Swedish, sorry, Jeff!

The horror! ;)

I haven't read the book (I saw the movie, though). The author used to work on one of his books in a corner at the local library (→my workplace), how about that.

(Now that I think of it, the boss at the time showed the library to a small group of Catalan visitors, including the translator of the book you're reading now. Then I was asked: "-Is Catalan one of your languages? - Not yet.")
12 x
Leabhair/Greannáin léite as Gaeilge: 9 / 18
Ar an seastán oíche: Oileán an Órchiste
Duolingo - finished trees: sp/ga/de/fr/pt/it
Finnish with extra pain : 100 / 100

Llorg Blog - Wiki - Discord

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby iguanamon » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:00 pm

jeff_lindqvist wrote:...I haven't read the book (I saw the movie, though). The author used to work on one of his books in a corner at the local library (→my workplace), how about that.
(Now that I think of it, the boss at the time showed the library to a small group of Catalan visitors, including the translator of the book you're reading now. Then I was asked: "-Is Catalan one of your languages? - Not yet.")

The translator's name is Lluís Solanes.
Visat. wrote:Llicenciat en filologia i lingüística romànica per la Universitat de Göteborg (Suècia), va cursar estudis de doctorat, llevat de la defensa de la tesi, i d’estudis complementaris de literatures romàniques i de pedagogia en la mateixa universitat.

So, fairly well qualified as a translator from Swedish to Catalan.

I have barely started the book and I am a fan of the author already. He was 48 before he started his book, the one I'm reading now. Honestly, he even makes me want to learn Swedish!

JonasJonasson.com
9 x

StringerBell
Brown Belt
Languages: English (n)
Italian

Postby StringerBell » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:13 am

I just took out 2 books from Jonas Jonasson from the library on my kindle after reading your post. They look interesting!
4 x
Season 4 Lucifer Italian transcripts I created: https://learnanylanguage.fandom.com/wik ... ranscripts

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Postby PeterMollenburg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:47 am

iguanamon wrote:I have barely started the book and I am a fan of the author already. He was 48 before he started his book, the one I'm reading now. Honestly, he even makes me want to learn Swedish!

JonasJonasson.com

That particular book sounds pretty interesting. Really enjoyed your latest update, iguanamon. I'm going to read this book too I think, on my new e-reader once I've actually bought it and it's up and running, so not too many spoilers in your log, alsjeblieft! ;)
3 x

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Postby PeterMollenburg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:36 am

...and there's a follow up book - The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred-Year-Old Man. Forget the storyline, think of all the sentences these two books would contain that you could SRS out of order via Anki, iguanamon! Don't let a good story get in the way of Anki'ing the *%#} out of random sentences! :lol:
4 x

tractor
Green Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N), English, Spanish, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Latin

Postby tractor » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm

iguanamon wrote:I have moved on to "Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann" by Jonas Jonasson of Sweden.

I read it some years ago. I laughed a lot.
2 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby iguanamon » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:55 pm

First log entry of the New Year 2022, I've been busy with work in the New Year and will continue to be busy for a while. I haven't forgot language-learning.

Spanish
I've gotten into a soap opera on RTVE- Dos Vidas since a week or two before last Christmas. This is a 255 (hour long) episode telenovela. It is set in post WWII Equatorial Guinea, a Spanish Colony at the time. To be more precise- Río Muni, which is the African continental portion. It is also set in a fictional village in the sierra near Madrid in today's time. "Dos Vidas", remember.

The two main characters are Carmen (Africa), and her granddaughter, Julia (Spain). Carmen is a young woman who has been fascinated by Africa because her father lives and works there. She decides to go there to visit him and ends up staying, becoming wrapped up in the family's woodworking business and all the intrigues of "la colonia"- of which there are plenty- affairs, contraband, murder, forbidden love, manipulations in business and of people... all the situations one expects to see in a TV soap opera.

Julia (Spain) is a young woman who has no center. She is controlled by her overbearing mother. Julia finds out that her father isn't her father and that her father came from a village in the mountains near Madrid after learning of his death. She inherits her father's old rambling house with a woodworking shop next door. Her grandmother was Carmen, who had to leave Africa under suspicious circumstances. Julia's modern life roughly parallels Carmen's life in Río Muni. She finds her grandmother's journals and decides to reopen the woodworking shop to make African inspired furniture. Of course, her life is a "sinfín de líos" as they say in Spanish, just like her grandmother.

Since I don't have a VPN, I can only watch "Dos Vidas" on my phone app. I am now on episode 84. My enthusiasm has waned a bit as time gets more scarce. Time will tell if I can make it through the next 171 hours left to go. The series is in its last chapters on TVE. Despite having won the "Rose d'or" prize for best daily drama, the series was not renewed for a second season. I hope the producers had enough notice to tie up the loose ends.

I like this series because of the settings. Equatorial Guinea is one of the former Spanish colonies that I know the least about and am most intrigued by at the same time. I like getting a glimpse of (fictionalized and scripted) contemporary Spanish life. In addition, there are no narcotraficantes and no cowboy hats! Don't get me wrong, I like a good narcotraficante plot, but it is nice to see something else for a change. Also, I like getting more exposure to Iberian Spanish.

Béisbol
I watched la liga Dominicana on the MLB app, since the last week of October. My favorite team "Las Estrellas Orientales" de San Pedro de Macorís finished their season in second place behind "Los Gigantes de Cibao". The Caribbean Series includes the winners of the national leagues of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Colombia, Panama and Mexico. So, last night was the final game of the series and Colombia defeated the Dominican Republic 4-1 to win their first ever series championship.

There may not be a 2022 MLB season in North America this year because the owners and players are in the midst of protracted negotiations over a new bargaining agreement and the owners have "locked out" the players until there is a contract. Spring training starts in two weeks, so vamos a ver. Colombia is not a traditional baseball power, but the sport is popular in the Caribbean north of the country. So it's good to see that this win will bring some attention to the sport in Colombia.

Catalan
Still reading the "book: "L'avi de 100 anys que es va escapar per la finestra"/"Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann"... there's a story behind the story, which I shall make brief. I visited the mainland US for a week in December to see my parents and extended family. I hadn't been up there since August, 2019. At the TSA security checkpoint at our local airport, somehow someone grabbed my 7" tablet and took it to Miami with them. A kind person saw that it was left behind. She saw my name and contact information on the inside cover and got in touch from North Carolina.

I told her not to worry about the hassle of going to the post office over the holidays. She mailed it back to me a couple of weeks ago. I reimbursed her, plus a little extra for her time and trouble, via PayPal. It is just wonderful to know that there is indeed still kindness out there in the world today.

So, now I'm back to reading, on a slower pace but only have 20% of the book left to go.

Mèsi pou li tou sa. M a wè nou tout pita. Orevwa pou kounye a!
21 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby iguanamon » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:05 pm

Catalan
I have finished the book: "L'avi de 100 anys que es va escapar per la finestra"/"Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann". This is a good book and a fun romp through Sweden and pivotal historic events of the 20th Century throughout the world. We follow the hundred year old man as he escapes through a window at a care home across rural Sweden as he puts his "semi-criminal" band together, eludes the police and a real criminal gang, while he reminisces about a life of incredible coincidence involving Generalissimo Franco; Mao Tse-Tung and Madame Chiang; Iran and Winston Churchill; The atomic bomb, Los Alamos, and President Roosevelt; Stalin and Beria; Indonesia and 1968 Paris; Cold War Moscow and President Nixon and more.

The author, Jonas Jonasson, is a good writer. I can most definitely recommend his work to anyone in any language.

As I've said innumerable times before, momentum is very important in language-learning. Maintaining momentum is part of "consistency". I moved on to "L'art de la guerra" per Sunzi- "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. Most people have probably heard of the book at least once. There was a fad in 1980's America of reading the book to gain insights into business success. Many derivative works have been produced in books and films. The book has had an influence on the military strategies of many countries as diverse as the US and the Vietcong.

The most famous quote from the book:
Sunzi wrote:«Conegueu l’enemic i conegueu-vos a vosaltres mateixos, i en cent batalles no correreu cap perill. Si us coneixeu a vosaltres mateixos, però no coneixeu l’enemic, per cada victòria patireu una derrota. Si no coneixeu ni l’enemic ni a vosaltres mateixos correreu perill en cada batalla».
My translation: Know the enemy and know yourselves, and in a hundred battles you will run no danger. If you know yourselves, but don't know the enemy, for each victory you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourselves you will be in danger in every battle.

I read the book in English a long time ago, at least twice. Now, I am re-reading it in Catalan translation and finding new insights. There are timeless truths within this book written 1500 years ago in ancient China. It's a short book but a good read and it serves as a palate cleanser after reading "The 100 year old man". I'm reading it in breaks through my day. I'm over halfway through the book.

My main book right now is , of course, back to the "La cua de palla" selection of noir once again: "El jutge i el seu botxí" by Friedrich Dürrenmatt- originally titled: "Der Richter und sein Henker"- "The Judge and His Hangman". The book is set in post-WWII Switzerland and involves a murder mystery and a look at Swiss society. A policeman is found dead in his car on a lonely highway just outside a forested gorge on the way to a small town. A mysterious elite who holds mysterious meetings/events with other foreign/business/artistic/political elites at his palatial estate is involved. A near-retirement police detective, worn-down by his years on the job and his poor health is in charge of unraveling the mystery along with a younger associate.
synopsis wrote:El jutge i el seu botxí ens descriu una història farcida d’assassinats i de suspens que transcorre en un poble perdut de Suïssa.
El policia Bärlach i el seu col·lega Tschanz investiguen l’assassinat de Schmied, un company també policia.
Bärlach, és un home vell que malgrat la seva fragilitat física, no ha perdut la seva facultat professional en el camp de la investigació.
Una pista fa que coneguin al fred i calculador Gastmann, home misteriós, implicat en relacions internacionals clandestines. Tot això fa que s’accentuï l’intriga de la novel·la…
Encara que Dürrenmatt, en la seva prosa no literària va arraconar el seu estil Brechtià, no rebutja utilitzar l’art com a trampolí de la crítica política.
El jutge i el seu botxí ens endinsa en el treball detectivesc i critica els mètodes policials emprats.

It's funny how ease of reading changes from one book, one author, one style to another. I find myself with more look-ups to do per page than I had with my previous book. Language-learning is like that. When you think you may have arrived... you discover that you are not quite there yet- you're still on the way. Always be humble.

Spanish
The Novela "Dos Vidas" has ended on TVE1 from Spain after 255 episodes. I am not letting myself jump ahead to the end. Despite my frustration with the genre, I am enjoying the episodes. Watching a novela has many frustrations. Characters do stupid things that get them into trouble and more trouble despite my yelling at the screen- "NO! Don't DO that!". The tropes are many. The camera has a shot of a door behind two characters in an important discussion or about to kiss or embrace and... someone comes through that door to mess it up... every time. Characters hear half a conversation and are convinced that it's bad... when it isn't... etc.

Sometimes it makes me want to stop watching, but I keep going. You just have to accept the frustrations- they're an integral part of novelas, and enjoy the story and then it's comfortable. I'm on episode 90 now, only 165 more to go!

Béisbol
The lockout of the players continues and the effects are now manifest... but, hope springs eternal as negotiations are underway. There are no Spring training games and the opening of the MLB season is in doubt. I guess I'll have to find a way to watch La Liga Mexicana de Béisbol which starts on April 22. ¡Ay bendito!

Mèsi pou li tou sa. M a wè nou pita. Orevwa pou kounye a !
17 x

Return to “Language logs”