Maybe I need try more ways to learn English

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Batur
Yellow Belt
Languages: Chinese(N), English

Re: Maybe I need try more ways to learn English

Postby Batur » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Great! I had been to Xiamen twice. It's a very nice island. The beach there is great! But like you mentioned, the price is expensive. Dandelion, perhaps you could post some pictures, I think it will be more interesting. Not sure aha, it's a language log, not a blog. lol :D :D :D
0 x

Dandelion
Yellow Belt
Languages: Chinese(N),English(beginner)

Postby Dandelion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Batur wrote:Great! I had been to Xiamen twice. It's a very nice island. The beach there is great! But like you mentioned, the price is expensive. Dandelion, perhaps you could post some pictures, I think it will be more interesting. Not sure aha, it's a language log, not a blog. lol :D :D :D

Yes.You are right.Thanks for your advice.Because I don't know how to put pictures on it.Next time I will have a try.
0 x

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 am

It's a new year of 2018.It's a new start.I will make a schedule for myself in order to make a full use of my spay time.I am an accountant.I need to improve my skills to work better.And I need to learn English well to enhance myself. :D

My company also implemented a new time system.we start to work at 9am as usual.we have to get off work at 9pm.And we need to work six days a week.

In the beginning,I was sad and dissatisfied.To some extent,it occupied most of my personal time.I need to learn and review my professional knowledge in order to pass the exam.And I want to improve my English.The English corner which is close to me is hold at 7:30pm in Friday.I want to take apart in this activity as usual.Besides,I like drawing.and I learnt Chinese painting half a year. So sometimes I need some time to practice it.

If our works didn't finished,we usually worked overtime consciously. If it becomes mandatory,maybe our behaves turn lazy. What's more.We don't have any welfare .So I grown these bad mood-sadly and discontentedly.

Form another point of view,it's not that bad.I can learn and review my professional books after finishing work.It's just changed a environment of study.I shouldn't care about welfare.Because I graduated soon.I need gathered experience and learnt skills.If I can learn well,it's more valuable than welfare.As a old saying "Time is like the water in the sponge, you'll always get it if you twist it."I can learn English in my spare time whenever and wherever.

Several days later,a college of personnel talked with me about this new time system.She said that other people also were dissatisfied.So we decided to have a talk with our boss.we applied for some welfare.We surprised that he was agreed immediately.

So everything will be ok.we should get ride of bad mood and keep a good mood whatever we met.
2 x

Batur
Yellow Belt

Postby Batur » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:57 am

Dandelion wrote:It's a new year of 2018.It's a new start.I will make a schedule for myself in order to make a full use of my spay time.I am an accountant.I need to improve my skills to work better.And I need to learn English well to enhance myself. :D

My company also implemented a new time system.we start to work at 9am as usual.we have to get off work at 9pm.And we need to work six days a week.

In the beginning,I was sad and dissatisfied.To some extent,it occupied most of my personal time.I need to learn and review my professional knowledge in order to pass the exam.And I want to improve my English.The English corner which is close to me is hold at 7:30pm in Friday.I want to take apart in this activity as usual.Besides,I like drawing.and I learnt Chinese painting half a year. So sometimes I need some time to practice it.

If our works didn't finished,we usually worked overtime consciously. If it becomes mandatory,maybe our behaves turn lazy. What's more.We don't have any welfare .So I grown these bad mood-sadly and discontentedly.

Form another point of view,it's not that bad.I can learn and review my professional books after finishing work.It's just changed a environment of study.I shouldn't care about welfare.Because I graduated soon.I need gathered experience and learnt skills.If I can learn well,it's more valuable than welfare.As a old saying "Time is like the water in the sponge, you'll always get it if you twist it."I can learn English in my spare time whenever and wherever.

Several days later,a college of personnel talked with me about this new time system.She said that other people also were dissatisfied.So we decided to have a talk with our boss.we applied for some welfare.We surprised that he was agreed immediately.

So everything will be ok.we should get ride of bad mood and keep a good mood whatever we met.

It's not good to work so long, 72 hours a week is too much. But in Shenzhen, it seems to become norm. I don't think it's right, work and life balance is very important.

But on the other hand, I really like your attitude towards work. You just graduated, and you realized the importance of studying. I am sure you'll become very professional in your field.

For your hobbies, if possible, I think you should still make time for them. Don't give up drawing and English. It's not easy, but they can make your life really different.

I really like your articles, please keep writing! :-)
1 x

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 am

Batur wrote:
It's not good to work so long, 72 hours a week is too much. But in Shenzhen, it seems to become norm. I don't think it's right, work and life balance is very important.

But on the other hand, I really like your attitude towards work. You just graduated, and you realized the importance of studying. I am sure you'll become very professional in your field.

For your hobbies, if possible, I think you should still make time for them. Don't give up drawing and English. It's not easy, but they can make your life really different.

I really like your articles, please keep writing! :-)

Yes.Two weeks later. I find that my workload also increased.My time is really like sponge.I was too busy to do my personal things.But fortunately,I still insisted that I took 30 minutes to learn English everyday.

Yeah.I won't give up my hobbies.Thanks for your encouragement.I will keep writing.
0 x

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 am

Last Saturday,I went to an illustrations show,Bologna illustrations Exhibition.There are 436 illustrations which were award-winning works from all over the world.And it comes from 127 illustrators.Most of illustrations concept were surrounded by "Kids Friendly" .It's funny and fantastic.

I enjoy drawing.It's one of my spare hobbies.So I am interested in this exhibition.When I entred into the exhibition, I was surprised.Different illustrations had different styles,and had different materials. The way and materials of creation is strange for me.Because I've never seen before.

For example, one of illustrations combined Paper cutting with painting.It's looks layered. Besides,some illustrations combined stitchwork with painting and so on.
I will show some illustrations to you as following:
~Q4(C}KWP}QZ$7Z93)R3[GO.png

0GR`{JUFUJ$1DDO9YFR[GJM.png

V6~Y}KBFUC]3W@~5`FV%9FD.png

HGW]J[8(UWT$`NN)PYEKM0U.png

GU5L1Y5EE7T$GQM}IE7P)TG.png

It's funny right? Especially the imagination are fantastic. But it's a pity that i only can upload 5 pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

Tristano
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: Italian
Speaks: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
Understands but not yet speaks: Romanian
Studies: German
Can't wait to put his hands on: Scandinavian languages, Slavic languages, Turkish, Arabic and other stuff
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5141

Postby Tristano » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Hey Dandelion,first of all welcome !I wish you good luck with your study and I'm certain you will do well .

I'm a very lazy person so I didn't read all the posts. In case nobody reported it, here a simple thing to improve your written English immediately. The punctuation! You noticed that I mimicked your use of the punctuation in my first sentence. Here is how it is supposed to be:

Hey Dandelion, first of all welcome! I wish you good luck with your study and I'm certain you will do well.

I mean it! :)
2 x

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:00 am

Tristano wrote:Hey Dandelion,first of all welcome !I wish you good luck with your study and I'm certain you will do well .

I'm a very lazy person so I didn't read all the posts. In case nobody reported it, here a simple thing to improve your written English immediately. The punctuation! You noticed that I mimicked your use of the punctuation in my first sentence. Here is how it is supposed to be:

Hey Dandelion, first of all welcome! I wish you good luck with your study and I'm certain you will do well.

Wow!The punctuation also is a skill.It's cool!Thanks for your suggestion and your encouragement.I will continue to study.

I only know that the punctuation plays the role of changing tone and partitioning sentence .
0 x

Batur
Yellow Belt

Postby Batur » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Dandelion wrote:
Tristano wrote:Hey Dandelion,first of all welcome !I wish you good luck with your study and I'm certain you will do well .

Wow!The punctuation also is a skill.It's cool!Thanks for your suggestion and your encouragement.I will continue to study.

I only know that the punctuation plays the role of changing tone and partitioning sentence .

Dandelion, I think you may not get what Tristano wanted to say. He wanted to show you the importance of the punctuation. The difference between these two sentences is the space after the punctuation. I agree with Tristano, it's important to put an extra space after the punctuation. Try to do it next time!
Good job! The drawing are creative and innovative! I hope I could go as well! :-)
1 x

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Batur wrote:
Dandelion wrote:Dandelion, I think you may not get what Tristano wanted to say. He wanted to show you the importance of the punctuation. The difference between these two sentences is the space after the punctuation. I agree with Tristano, it's important to put an extra space after the punctuation. Try to do it next time!
Good job! The drawing are creative and innovative! I hope I could go as well! :-)

Yeah. I haven’t looked carefully. I just focused on punctuation. :( Thanks for pointing out this. I am trying now. And I will keep doing this. :D
2 x

Return to “Language logs”