Maybe I need try more ways to learn English

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Dandelion
Yellow Belt
Languages: Chinese(N),English(beginner)

Re: Maybe I need try more ways to learn English

Postby Dandelion » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

Maiwenn wrote:
Dandelion wrote:
smallwhite wrote:
Maiwenn wrote:
Dandelion wrote:yeah..how what to say...

I believe Dandelion was trying to say "How should I put it? 怎說好呢?"
Asking "Where to go?" instead of "Where should we go?" is also a common mistake, or "What to do?" instead of "What should we do?"

Haha.You know me.Yes ,in fact,i want to express "How should I put it? ".Thank you,smallwhite! :D

Good catch, smallwhite. :)

Dandelion wrote:"Open my mouth"-l want to express that l didn't dare speak English.And i hesitated in speaking.

"Open my mouth" works in that case, though I don't find it completely natural. It might help to add the precision "to speak" (i.e. "open my mouth to speak"). You're doing great already, Dandelion! Keep going! :)

wow! I see.Thank you! :D Thanks for your encouragement.I will keep going.Are you interested in Chinese? If you don't mind you can ask me some questions about chinese.I would be try my best to reply you.
1 x

basica
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Serbian (A2ish)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?&t=7335

Postby basica » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:41 am

Good luck with your language learning :) I found when I first started Serbian, what helped was practicing all my different skills at once (reading, writing, speaking and listening). A lot of us who are more introverted prefer waiting until we can speak somewhat fluently, but I feel that delaying speaking does more harm than good. Better to speak from as close to day 1 as possible I think. I say this as I think it's going to be really great for you to be in the English salon. You'll find it will help greatly :)
2 x
Glossika Fluency 1: 16 / 104

Learning or already speak Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian? Join us here! :)

Maiwenn
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N) & French
focusing on: MSA & Moroccan Arabic
backburner: German
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7321

Postby Maiwenn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 am

Dandelion wrote:wow! I see.Thank you! :D Thanks for your encouragement.I will keep going.Are you interested in Chinese? If you don't mind you can ask me some questions about chinese.I would be try my best to reply you.

Thanks for the offer! I'm not studying Chinese right now, but I hope to in the future.
1 x
SC reading: 3819 / 10000 AR
SC reading: 3334 / 5000 FR
SC reading: 65 / 2500 DE :?

Corrections are always welcome. :)

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 pm

basica wrote:Good luck with your language learning :) I found when I first started Serbian, what helped was practicing all my different skills at once (reading, writing, speaking and listening). A lot of us who are more introverted prefer waiting until we can speak somewhat fluently, but I feel that delaying speaking does more harm than good. Better to speak from as close to day 1 as possible I think. I say this as I think it's going to be really great for you to be in the English salon. You'll find it will help greatly :)

Thank you,basica!yeah.It's good to speak as much as we can.And I will learn from you to practice different skills.Practice more and speaking a lot.
0 x

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Maiwenn wrote:
Dandelion wrote:wow! I see.Thank you! :D Thanks for your encouragement.I will keep going.Are you interested in Chinese? If you don't mind you can ask me some questions about chinese.I would be try my best to reply you.

Thanks for the offer! I'm not studying Chinese right now, but I hope to in the future.

Haha.It's ok.If you want to learn,you can ask me anytime.
0 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:07 am

Hello Dandelion

welcome to the forum. The chinese poeple who I've met are very nice, and it seems a beautiful country.

Good luck with your English. Don't worry about your mistakes. I was worried as well before, but English people find everything "lovely" when you try, even with mistakes!!!
1 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Jar-Ptitsa wrote:Hello Dandelion

welcome to the forum. The chinese poeple who I've met are very nice, and it seems a beautiful country.

Good luck with your English. Don't worry about your mistakes. I was worried as well before, but English people find everything "lovely" when you try, even with mistakes!!!

Thank you,Jar-Ptitsa!Yeah.you're right.Making mistakes that is a promotion.Thus we can learn a lot when we correcting it. :D
1 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Dandelion wrote:Thank you,Jar-Ptitsa!Yeah.you're right.Making mistakes that is a promotion.Thus we can learn a lot when we correcting it. :D

Yes, I agree that the corrections are very helpful to learn :) as long as they don't give them in a nasty way. In my expereince, in London they don't correct the mistakes. I suppose that there are too many foreigners, if they corrected all the mistakes every day then they would have to correct all the time haha.
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:28 am

Jar-Ptitsa wrote:Yes, I agree that the corrections are very helpful to learn :) as long as they don't give them in a nasty way. In my expereince, in London they don't correct the mistakes. I suppose that there are too many foreigners, if they corrected all the mistakes every day then they would have to correct all the time haha.

Yeah.l agree with your viewpoint. :D
1 x

Dandelion
Yellow Belt

Postby Dandelion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:11 pm

I want to share with you about my new article.But I published a wrong place.My friend reminded me.So I duplicated it over here.It was written one week ago.The article as follows:

Haha.Hello,everyone.How was your Christmas?

I am writing now.Yeah.It's my second time to write here.In fact,I want to write down my feelings last weekend.But I'm busy doing my work after traveling.what's more.The point is i'm so lazy that I postponed writing.And my friend keeps me motivated.I like the people here.You are very kind to me.Grateful!

I want to share my trip with you.l went to Xiamen with my colleagues last weekend.l'm in a good mood.Previously,though l like traveling,I rarely traveled.Because some inhibited me.Such as time,money…haha.

I spent three days in Xiamen.l think that it's too short to visit more places. Then I want to talk about three sides .

Buildings and sights

I went to Xiamen by bullet train.The first day,i went to the famous island of Xiamen.I went there by boat.when I reached the island,the buildings appealed to me.it's European style.It looks good,comfortable and understated styling.I like these buildings very much.Haha.I took many photos about it.

Eatting

There are many special snacks in Xiamen.we went to the street which was filled with all kinds food.But I 'm regretful that i haven't eaten the authentic snacks.And the majority of food was inclined to sweet.It's not my cup of tea.What's more.The price is expensive to me. :cry:

living condition

We lived in homestay.It's beautiful and cozy.The homestay which we lived is well-designed.There are many different styles.You can depend on your liking to choose.we lived in 24th floor.I think that it's enough high to enjoy the sights.In our homestay,there is a loft,and have a big glass window.we can enjoy the night sights through the window.it's really beautiful.I love homestay of Xiamen.

Yeah.That's all.
0 x

Return to “Language logs”