Bookworm's adventures in the exile

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Re: Bookworm's adventures in the exile

Postby Cavesa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:19 pm

The last post of this log!

Firstly, my answer to the question: My level of Spanish is not balanced. My comprehension is certainly in the C levels, my active skills are lagging behind, currently due to grammar. I can speak, I am just unsure and make mistakes too often for my taste. I suppose there is a simple cure: I will work on the weakest link of the chain.

Secondly: My last language activity of the 2015: finished reading a book recommended by emk. L'heritage des cathares by Herve Gagnon. First book of the Damné series. It is so damn awesome!!!

Carrying some input challenges to 2016 and lots of other things and goals.

Overview of the year 2015:
English: Maintained, perhaps slowly deteriorating due to lack of grammar reviewing.
French: DALF C2! I am content.
Spanish: Lots of progress, thanks to the SC, which I successfully completed, some progress in other areas too.
German: Less progress than I had hoped to make.
Italian: Good start but I'll need to work hard on this one to get it in a presentable shape asap.
Russian: Not a bad start but it will need to wait now.

Thanks to everyone for reading and for your support and inspiration! You've all helped me a lot to make this year great :-)
6 x

emk
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2+)
Badly neglected "just for fun" languages: Middle Egyptian, Spanish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=723

Re: Bookworm's adventures in the exile

Postby emk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Cavesa wrote:Secondly: My last language activity of the 2015: finished reading a book recommended by emk. L'heritage des cathares by Herve Gagnon. First book of the Damné series. It is so damn awesome!!!

Glad you liked it! I seem to have misplaced my copy, and entirely forgotten about it until now, so thank you for the reminder.

I look forward to seeing your new log in 2016!
1 x

Return to “Language logs”