Studing English

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Yakunin___Ivan
Languages: English (b2) German (b1)

Studing English

Postby Yakunin___Ivan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Hello. I'm from Russia, my name is Ivan. I just want to share my success in English with you.

I have been learning English for 8 years. In my blog I will show you what I do to improve my English. I can say that my level of English is between B1 to B2 so I want to go over that milestone. At first, I try to improve my grammar. I do lots of different tests and sth like that. Then, I want to move on to the speaking part. There I will comunicate with native speakers and try to make a diolog with them. I practise that with my tutor and with my American tutor as well, by Skype.

In this part of my blog I will tell you my story of learning the language. I started to learn English in the 2nd class. From this time I get only deeper into English.

Now lets talk about my goals for 2017. I havent given enough thought to my language goals before and now I have lots of ambitions to change that. So I come to decision to put pressure on myself.
There are my goals:
1) To pass the B2 cambridge exam with honors. It is not easily achievable, but I think I will do it.
2) Read some books on english (maybe 2 or 3) I want to start with Harry Potter.

So, it is just a start of my story.
Last edited by Yakunin___Ivan on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 x

Yakunin___Ivan

Re: Studing English

Postby Yakunin___Ivan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello my readers. I am realy sorry for not continuing my blog. My life is quite hectic, so I have no free time to follow my blog. But I will try to find some time to constantly carry on my blog.

Now lets talk about what I have done in this long period of time. First, I took up "Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone". Then I did some tests about present and past tenses. Also, I practise speaking with my tutor.
I can say that all that time wasn't spent in vain.

That is all. Stay tuned.
1 x

Yakunin___Ivan

Postby Yakunin___Ivan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Hello my readers. I didn't do lots of thing last weak, but lets talk about my achievements.

First, I continued reading "Harry Potter"
Second, I did some tests.
That is all. I know that it is not alot but I don't have much free time to spend on it.

So, it is all, stay tuned
0 x

Cabral
Languages: Portuguese (N), English (C1).

Postby Cabral » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi.

I'm a english learner as well and I've been stuck at C1 for a long time. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out a way to climb up to C2.

I'll be following your journey.
1 x

Yakunin___Ivan

Postby Yakunin___Ivan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:15 am

Hello, my readers. As you see I have totally forgoten about my blog. I won't search for any excuses so let's pass over to the main part of my reply.

I have done lots things during that time. First, I did some tests, then, I kept on reading Harry Potter. And the last thing, I had some lessons with a native speaker. They were about different topics: Space, space travelling and so on. They were interesting and I am waiting for new ones.

That is all. Stay tuned.
1 x

Ольга
Green Belt
Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Portuguese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6206

Postby Ольга » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:33 am

Keep moving forward! :D
1 x
Output Challenge 2018
Hours of Recorded Speech: 0 / 50
Words: 4732 / 50000

Yakunin___Ivan

Postby Yakunin___Ivan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Hello my readers. Today I won't talk about the language I will tell about my another hobby - taekwondo. It is a sport, wrestle. Recently I had a competion called "Russian cup". So I will tell you about it.

I live in Moscow so I had to fly to ST. Petersburg. We had two days to walk around the city. The city is very good but it wasn't my first time visiting it so I didn't have the same emotions as I had first time. Now let's pass over to the main part of my story, hte championship. It is very popular so there were a lot oh people and children. My category is below 69 kg. It was hard to me to fit into it. I had an overweight. But because of a good diet and big amount of training sessions I oversteped that problem. But it wasn't the only problem. Next day was the main part of that competition. I lost my first fight. But I was't worried about it. It is just a small part of my sport life. I will become a winner next time.

That is all. I think you will like my lifestory.
0 x

DaveBee
Blue Belt
Languages: English (native). French (studying).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7466

Postby DaveBee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:09 pm

Yakunin___Ivan wrote:Hello my readers. Today I won't talk about the language I will tell about my another hobby - taekwondo. It is a sport, wrestle. Recently I had a competion called "Russian cup". So I will tell you about it.

I live in Moscow so I had to fly to ST. Petersburg. We had two days to walk around the city. The city is very good but it wasn't my first time visiting it so I didn't have the same emotions as I had first time. Now let's pass over to the main part of my story, hte championship. It is very popular so there were a lot oh people and children. My category is below 69 kg. It was hard to me to fit into it. I had an overweight. But because of a good diet and big amount of training sessions I oversteped that problem. But it wasn't the only problem. Next day was the main part of that competition. I lost my first fight. But I was't worried about it. It is just a small part of my sport life. I will become a winner next time.

That is all. I think you will like my lifestory.
I thought Sambo was the default combat sport in Russia, when there are no bears to wrestle of course! :-)

Is your fondness for Taekwondo strong enough to tempt you to learn Korean too?
0 x

Yakunin___Ivan

Postby Yakunin___Ivan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 pm

DaveBee wrote:I thought Sambo was the default combat sport in Russia, when there are no bears to wrestle of course! :-)

Is your fondness for Taekwondo strong enough to tempt you to learn Korean too?

Hello, I think you are right , sambo is the most popular sport in Russia but it is not the only one. Box, taekwondo, JIU jitsu, karate etc are widespread too. I don't know the stats but I think so.

Now let's talk about Korean. I know some basic words, like numbers, but I don't want to learn it fully. I am studing English and German rightnow and I think Korean isn't necessary for me.

And sorry for so belated answer. My computer was acting up so I had no access to the forum.
Last edited by Yakunin___Ivan on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

whatiftheblog
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Russian (N), French (C2?), Spanish (~B1)

Postby whatiftheblog » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Cabral wrote:Hi.

I'm a english learner as well and I've been stuck at C1 for a long time. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out a way to climb up to C2.

I'll be following your journey.

Drown yourself in English-language everything. Massive amounts of input coupled with some practice will get you there - all you need is to shift your brain into full-on anglophone mode and you'll be set. It worked for me in French, so now I've taken on a sort of evangelizing role with regards to this method :P Good luck!
3 x
Books completed: 5 / 20 5 / 20

Return to “Language logs”