mgua's first log [Spanish / Korean]

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
mgua
Languages: Polish (N), English (C1), Korean (B1), Spanish (A2)
A little of French and Japanese.

mgua's first log [Spanish / Korean]

Postby mgua » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Hello there!
I've been a lurker on this and the old forum but I've never made an account. Recently I found old notebooks from my "I want to be a polyglot speaking 30 languages" phase and so I decided to finally post here and go back to language learning. Although the list of languages I want to study is long, for now I want to focus on Spanish and Korean.

Spanish
I used to live in Spain when I was a kid but after not using the language for over 10 years I guess I've forgotten it. I can understand a lot when I hear or read it but I have to think for a long time before I say anything. I plan on doing the Super Challenge in Spanish to recall some of the vocabulary and then maybe attempt writing and speaking.

Korean
I've been studying Korean for about 5 years now, however I wasn't consistent with it and I took breaks. Currently I'm somewhere at the intermediate stage. Throughout those 5 years (and for 3 years before I started actively studying the language) I was listening to a lot of music and I was watching tons of tv reality shows. I could probably write a PhD thesis on Korean music and the Korean entertainment industry. That being said, the vocab from songs' lyrics and reality shows is pretty limited and that is what I think holds me back the most. I want to go through Intermediate and Advanced vocab decks I found on Ankiweb (which look like they've been taken down so I can't link them) and the Korean grammar in use intermediate & advanced textbooks. I'm not sure if the last ones will help but since I have them I might as well use them. I also want to do the Super Challenge. I'm not a big fan of dramas (or maybe I'm just bad at finding ones that I'd like). The only thing I managed to watch till the end was 별에서 온 그대 (during it's hype in 2013) and 청춘시대 (which I liked a lot and the 2nd season will be part of my SC watchlist). I asked here and there and this is the list for now:
  • 청춘시대2
  • 개인주의자 지영씨
  • 힘쎈여자 도봉순
  • 김과장
  • 49일
  • 솔로몬의 위증
I might start reading some poetry right now but I think I'll finish the listening part first and then focus on reading.
2 x
Korean grammar in use, Intermediate: : 1 / 26
Anki Korean, Intermediate deck: : 120 / 1894

Aug 2017 - Apr 2018
SC Korean: films : 0 / 100 books : 0 / 100
SC Spanish: films : 0 / 100 books : 0 / 100

Return to “Language logs”