Overscore's log: srpski

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
overscore
Orange Belt
Languages: English, French, German, Serbian.
Levels vary. Native is fr-ca.

Re: Overscore's log

Postby overscore » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:45 pm

srpski

Well yes, that's why I said I had a feeling it's useless to read about these things, because it won't actually help me anyhow to get the usage right, just like you have to get used to the gender of words being a random mess.

Today I've made some audio cards for my Anki BCS deck. I've found it quite helpful getting used to the spoken language, but I have a ton of progress to make to get anywhere still. I use Audacity with the PulseAudio monitor record function to get audio from my computer. Linux audio is a downright disaster though.

Word of the day: viršla.
1 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:38 pm

srpski

More listening, more reading. nothing to report.

word of the day: zarez
1 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:55 am

srpski

Been listening to a bunch of videos from Al Jazeera Balkans about the history of the region, again, incredibly complicated stuff, forces on all sides were competing on so many levels and forming alliances and betraying and ... Fascinating, but it's a bit hard to follow at times. But slowly I'm starting to listen to more audio sources, it's something I've been greatly neglecting.

Lots of reading as always. I have an article in the pipeline about researchers who made a new form of Vodka based on the water and cereals found in Chernobyl. Some funky stuff for sure.

666 cards. i made a backup just to be sure.

word of the day: žitarice.
1 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:05 am

srpski

Good. Amazing progress in fact in the recent days, I can now understand bits of the language, at rare times without struggling.
About half-way thru the article about the Chernobyl vodka. Otherwise I am listening to the same few songs in loop to automate some of the basic verbs of the language, to like, learn, find, want, sing, love, itd.

I found a translation in srpski of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck I think that might be my next target, but it might be a bit too complicated yet, not sure. I expected the book to be called like Boli me kurac but that's not the case :lol: :lol: . kakva propuštena prilika.

Listening wise, I have an episode about like geopolitics.. ive followed that topic for a few years now so it doesnt look too bad.
3 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:14 am

srpski

Finished the article about the Černobyl Vodka. Midway through one about exoplanets and the observation of the universe.

Everything else in order.

== written media

* Umetnost u doba Abasida
* Fascination with Lepenski Vir, find a book w/ more meat in it.
* -> maybe get the E, zabole me
* i have a bunch of wikipedia articles in the pipeline to read.
1 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:10 pm

srpski

Today didn't feel that great --- this morning my brain would barely process cyrillic. But I still got a lot done anyway. The article on kosmos didn't do it for me, skipped it, but i read a buch about postage stamps.
I went thru 2 chapters of the first tome of Dragon Ball Z in fan translation srpskom.

Da! sve u redu
2 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:26 pm

srpski

Pretty good. Reading the Zabavnik, i came across an interesting topic.

I learned today that most of Europe used to have a pneumatic postal system, a network of underground steel tubes under pressurized air that would relay post around.

This later became unpractical and only one functional system remains preserved, in Prague.

---
740 cards.
3 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:06 am

srpski

SRS. light reading.
Found some more music.
1 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:23 pm

srpski

Trying to read the translation of The Subtle art of not Giving a F*ck ..... but it is pretty bad.
The original humour is totally lost, like "You give too many fucks." is translated by "Ne Trudi Se", which means something like "don't work yourself up".
So I don't know if I will finish the book, I'm just at the very beginning so far and i'll give it a go still just because i can use it to mine words.

I think I've hit a plateau. I'm at a point where I can understand simple wikipedia article but still feels like an impossibly high mountain ahead of me. When i try to write a simple thing i make a mistake in every single word and it still takes me a minute to read and parse words like najrasprosranjenih. So the mood is pretty bad now.
0 x

overscore
Orange Belt

Postby overscore » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:08 am

okruzi

Project is memorizing all the okrugs. done adding all cards for Vojvodina. have around 12 cards now for the orkugs and special belgrade region.
0 x

Return to “Language logs”