Zenman Log: Korean and German

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Zenman
White Belt
Languages: I speak: English (N) and Spanish (B1)
I'm studying Japanese
I plan to study: French, German, and Italian

Re: Zenman Log: Korean and German

Postby Zenman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:00 am

AndyMeg wrote:Are you using Viki's Learn Mode too, or just watching it normally with english subs?

Yes I am however there doesn't seem to be many shows that interest me that is why I asked.

AndyMeg wrote:I like BTS too, but (for the time being) for my study I prefer slower songs (usually OSTs from k-dramas).
Yeah, that site is really good. I like it too! What I do is to open a word document and intercalate the hangul lyrics with the english translation. I know the translations are not exact, but they are a good enough approximation for now.

That awesome I also noticed that BTS was fast and uses very advanced words for me lol. I agree that BTS isn't a good band for learning if you're just beginning.

AndyMeg wrote:I'm currently watching Circle, Duel, The Best Hit and Father is Strange (and studying with "Rooftop prince" using Viki's Learn Mode and with "Kill Me, Heal Me").

Some of my all time favorites are "Kill Me, Heal Me", "I Can Hear Your Voice", "The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince", "Blood", "Rooftop Prince", "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu", "W, Two Worlds", "Gu Family Book", , "Iljimae", "Legend: The Story of the First King's Four Gods", "Good Doctor", "Shopping King Louie", "Time between Dog and Wolf", "Can you hear my heart", "Lie to me" and "Dream High".

And for k-songs, I like BTS a lot, also BigBang, Monsta X, TVXQ/DBSK, Jung Joon Young, and Jung Seung-hwan among others. I also like k-drama OSTs a lot. For my study I'm using these songs:

- (Chanyeol & Punch) – Stay With Me - Goblin OST
- Jung Joon Young – Where Are U (W - OST)
- That Woman (Secret Garden OST)
- 운명 같은 너 (Destiny Sonata) Fated To Love You OST
- 정승환 (Jung Seung Hwan) – 바람 (Wind) Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart Ryeo OST
- 첫눈처럼 너에게 가겠다 I Will Go to You Like the First Snow (Goblin OST by Ailee)
- Eyes-Nose-Lips (Taeyang)
- 부나비 (The Tiger Moth) by Monsta X [Shopping King Louie OST]

Wow that's amazing I'll definitely check these out. They all look so interesting I needed some new shows because "Oh my Venus" is a little strange haha. Those songs are all great I'll try to use those for studying thanks!
1 x

Zenman
White Belt
Languages: I speak: English (N) and Spanish (B1)
I'm studying Japanese
I plan to study: French, German, and Italian

Re: Zenman Log: Korean and German

Postby Zenman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Today I reviewed over 140 cards of Korean on Anki and went ahead a did another lesson of Assimil for my German I'm currently on lesson 9. To review for German I went back to lesson one and read through lesson 8. I also listened to TTMIK and I'm currently on Level 3 Lesson 3

For German I ordered a book that has short stories with the English translation and what makes it better is that it has the audio with it. I do believe this will allow me to notice some differences and actually see how German conversations are done. Later on I think I'll get into German literature but that is ways down the road as of now I feel happy progressing through the Assimil course and having supplemented in Memrise for some extra German vocabulary words.
1 x

Return to “Language logs”