[JP/NL] Aardbei Koekjes - EarthBerry's language log!

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Re: [JP/NL] Aardbei Koekjes - EarthBerry's language log!

Postby Elenia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm

You talked about gaming and language learning earlier. Quite a lot of forum members are gamers and we have had in the past a thread dedicated to it, Dialogue Rich Games in Second Languages, which you might find interesting.
3 x

EarthBerry
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Japanese (B2) and Dutch (Beginner)

Postby EarthBerry » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 am

Elenia wrote:You talked about gaming and language learning earlier. Quite a lot of forum members are gamers and we have had in the past a thread dedicated to it, Dialogue Rich Games in Second Languages, which you might find interesting.

Oooh! Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to check it out!
0 x
Please feel free to correct any mistakes!
Current goals for 2017
Dutch to A2/B1
Japanese to C1
Swedish to A1

EarthBerry
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Japanese (B2) and Dutch (Beginner)

Postby EarthBerry » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 am

No special updates or anything... mostly some wanderlust rambling!

A cold that has been floating around the office has finally caught up to me :cry: I spent the morning on the couch catching up on my Duolingo trees, finally. I'm determined to finish the Dutch tree in two weeks. I'd really like to finish it before the end of the year! I also started the Swedish tree, and I'm limiting myself to two skills a day :lol: I'm enjoying it. I've been wanting to dabble in it for absolutely months so I figured I'd satiate the thirst! :lol:

As I write this, I'm currently listening to a French song - Indila's Dernière Danse. I can't speak any French (apart from what I learned in high school a few years ago...!) but I am absolutely enchanted by her voice. I really hope this doesn't make me want to learn French... :lol: I'm eager to add more languages into the equation, but for now I'm trying to keep it at Dutch (high priority), Japanese (medium priority) and Swedish (hobby/low priority). I've been very tempted by Finnish... :lol: and even Hungarian! I'm really attracted to their grammars. But I would like to complete some goals in my current languages first. A2/B1 for Dutch, make some progress on C1 for Japanese and keep Swedish at a steady A1/A2 for now. I think in the new year I may consider adding another... we shall see.

Language Logsで勉強している外国語で書く方をたまに見かけるので私も外国語でもっと書きたいと思います。何について書くのか分からないのですが、練習のためにいいんじゃないかと思って…(笑) 日本語でメッセージやりとりしたい人がいれば、声をかけてくださいね。一緒に頑張りましょう!
1 x
Please feel free to correct any mistakes!
Current goals for 2017
Dutch to A2/B1
Japanese to C1
Swedish to A1

Return to “Language logs”