i've been learning french for a little over a year now–i started in dec 2015 and went through Duolingo, started using youtube channels for instruction, went through MT Foundation, and started up some Anki decks. eventually i signed up for intermediate french after (thankfully) testing into it at my university. unfortunately the school stress and my health (and i think just the fact that french was now an obligation) i didn't do much more than was required for the course. i think i really just did my own flashcards.
then i took almost 2 months off learning any french to try to get better.
right now i have all the free time in the world so i'm spending a lot of that(almost all, the past few days) studying and immersing myself as much as i can without going overboard.
i put myself as somewhere between b1 and b2, but i really have no idea. a medium term goal i have is to take and pass the DELF B2 exam this year. long term i want to be c1 and then c2 level. i love french!
short term goals (for now) that are more pertinent here are: (edited 4/11/17)
- finish watching French in Action: i'm at the halfway point :^)
- watch 25 french movies: 15/25 complete. next up right now is Ne le dis à personne.
- watch Samurai Jack season 1 in french w/ french subtitles (will move on to the next seasons, and probably a real-life show as well)
- finish Assimil NFWE
- read 10 french books: 1/10 complete. currently reading La Chute.
- finish reading Le Petit Nicolas: too easy/boring.
- finish Michel Thomas Advanced–i've been so damn lazy with this, i don't know why. MT served me well last summer but i'm moving on.
- work through RFI or a podcast with LWT
- add to/review Anki deck(s)
- 1 pomodoro of Grammaire Progressive
- 1 episode of French in Action
- chill in fr Discord when possible
- read current french book
I'm hoping to figure out soon what I'm doing exactly the rest of this year too. I'm dying to go to France for a couple weeks, and hopefully do an immersion program (I hope to study abroad as well but I'm not sure that can happen).