Old Log2

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
rlnv
Orange Belt
Languages: English

Old Log2

Postby rlnv » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:15 am

-
Last edited by rlnv on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
4 x

rlnv
Orange Belt

Re: Le log de rlnv 2017 (FR)

Postby rlnv » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 am

-
Last edited by rlnv on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:06 am

rlnv wrote:Je suis déjà là et je suis libre comme un fou, donc il faut écrire un nouveau log sur mon site internet préféré. On dirait que, quand j'écris en français c'est comme je suis un rat de désert des États-Unis du sud-ouest. C'est pour ça que les corrections sont toujours le bienvenu chez moi. Merci d'avance.

Je viens de franchir 2 000 000 mots de français en lire des romans. Wahoo ! J’ai trouvé plusieurs excellents romains sur le chemin. Je vais les parts aujourd’hui.

Notables sont tous les deux par Boileau-Narcejac que j’ai lu, Sueurs froides et Terminus. Le style de ceux-ci me convient énormément. Il suscite le sens de proximité aux protagonistes, parfois en noircir ou hors de portée de quelque chose, même les rapports d’amitié ou amour. Le style sert à séduire la lecture. Bons livres.

Un autre romain que j’aimais beaucoup a été Le Chant de l’océan par Marie-Bernadette Dupuy. C’était un romain plein d’émotion et très émouvoir. Il s’agit d’une jeune fille qui dois se trouve comment survive dans un monde rude, et surtout se trouve le bonheur qu’elle manque et a très besoin. Avertissement, ne pas lire à moins que vous aimiez cri. Vivement recommandé. :)

Voilà tout ce qu'on peut faire - Citation Axelle Red

Suggestions...

Me voici de nouveau...

c'est comme si j'étais"...

Les corrections sont toujours les bienvenues

en lisant des romans...

Je vais les partager...

Les romans les plus marquants...
Les romans qui m'ont marquée le plus au cours de...

le style de l'auteur...

Il suscite... you should rework the second part of this sentence

un autre roman qui m'a beaucoup plu...

C'est un roman très émouvant et plein d'émotions.

Le roman raconte l'histoire d'une jeune fille qui doit survivre...et trouver son bonheur...

à moins que vous aimiez pleurer...
2 x

rlnv
Orange Belt

Postby rlnv » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 am

-
Last edited by rlnv on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

rlnv
Orange Belt

Postby rlnv » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:36 pm

-
Last edited by rlnv on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Postby PeterMollenburg » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:47 am

rlnv wrote:I'm seriously thinking of dropping out of the Super Challenge. Not because I want to, but because I think it's getting in the way of what I "should" be doing.

The two things I enjoy the most in French are reading and watching shows. I could not be happier with my progress. Reading is now second nature, and I'm making huge strides with listening skills. The problem is that I have limited time and I always devote what I have to those activities before anything else. It's like there is a balance with easy/fun on one side, and hard/work on the other. Easy/fun always wins. Sure if I had more free time I would be able to cover everything, but I don't have much time. If I abandon the SC, I think it may make it easier for me to finally do what I need to do - work on grammar and writing skills.

I've struggled with the issue of not doing what is necessary for a long time. I want a solid B2 + writing skill (prefer +) by the end of the year. Something has to change.

---
Suis-je digne d’être parmi vous. - Citation inconnu

You can remain in the SC and just decrease your reading and listening/watching activities. You don't have to drop out of the SC just because you'll be cutting back on the fun stuff, right? ;)
1 x

luke
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N). Spanish (intermediate), Esperanto (B1), French (intermediate but rusting)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16948

Postby luke » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:03 pm

rlnv wrote:I'm seriously thinking of dropping out of the Super Challenge. Not because I want to, but because I think it's getting in the way of what I "should" be doing.

The two things I enjoy the most in French are reading and watching shows. I could not be happier with my progress. Reading is now second nature, and I'm making huge strides with listening skills.

I'll vote that you continue doing what you've been doing. If you want science to back you up, there's Stephen Krashen who also probably likes what you've been doing.
1 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Re: Log rlnv 2017 (FR)

Postby reineke » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Eh... I have a bone to pick with Mr Krashen.

Some suggestions.

Don't drop your media consumption. I don't care about the challenge..

I assume that you can pronounce French reasonably well.

Finish Mauger's Cours de langue...

1 read the grammar blurb and the text.
2 Copy the lesson
3 Do all the exercises and have them corrected.

Read a short story (preferably with audio). Copy it. Write about it.

Do some dictations (after Mauger I).
1 x

rlnv
Orange Belt

Postby rlnv » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:09 pm

-
Last edited by rlnv on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

jeffers
Blue Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Hindi (A2-B1)

Learning: The above, plus French (A2-B1), German (A1), Ancient Greek (?), Sanskrit (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19785

Postby jeffers » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:36 pm

rlnv wrote:I have probably never spoken more than a thousand words in French, and haven't done so for a long time. At some point I decided that, for the time being, I have no need to talk French. That may change at any time, and if it does, I'll certainly make it a priority based on need.

Right or wrong, I decided to focus on input skills first, doing so has given me a lot of enjoyment and I'm happy with where I am. Now I'm wanting to progress in writing only, not speaking at this time.

I realize that taking a stepped approach like this instead of working on all receptive and productive skills at a more or less equal pace is not ideal. I accept that, for me this is just a hobby. At some point I do what to write fiction in French, so I know I'll need high level skills in all areas to get to the point where I can do that well. I'll get there sooner or later. I'm incredibly stubborn.

I prefer a stepped approach like this myself. For one thing, it's less frustrating, and since you're just doing it for yourself you can follow whatever method is most interesting to you.
0 x
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien (roughly, the perfect is the enemy of the good)

French SC Books: 0 / 5000 (0/5000 pp)
French SC Films: 0 / 9000 (0/9000 mins)

Return to “Language logs”