2017 Polish Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
solocricket
Orange Belt
Languages: My good languages: English (N), French (C1), Spanish (B2), Italian (reading knowledge)
Languishing Languages: Dutch (~B1), Icelandic (delapidated passive intermediate skills), Yiddish (basic passive), Japanese (smattering of reading knowledge, lots of vocab, maybe I'll get back to it someday)
Studying: Polish (A1)
Wish List: Chinese, Urdu, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew... yep
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=5502

Re: 2017 Polish Log

Postby solocricket » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:00 pm

lusan wrote:
solocricket wrote:I ended up ordering the "Krok po kroku" A2/B1 book. I don't know if I'm quite A2 yet (maybe passive, but not active), but I think I'll outgrow the first book too quickly.
:D

I did not like much A2/B1. It is really hard at the beginning and it does not not have the same emphasis on day-to-day language as A0/A1. Currently I am finishing the A2/B1 listening dialogues. Not so happy about it, I began moving into Serials: Czas Honorus and Ranczo. I got these through Empik.com.

I think I'm looking for vocab beyond day-to-day at this point, so I'll give the second book a shot. Thanks for mentioning that site-- is shipping to the US very expensive from there?
0 x

solocricket
Orange Belt
Languages: My good languages: English (N), French (C1), Spanish (B2), Italian (reading knowledge)
Languishing Languages: Dutch (~B1), Icelandic (delapidated passive intermediate skills), Yiddish (basic passive), Japanese (smattering of reading knowledge, lots of vocab, maybe I'll get back to it someday)

Postby solocricket » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:01 pm

I worked through the backlog of reps, so now I'm back to adding sentences from the Univ. of Pittsburgh course. I'm at ~2800 cards thus far.
0 x

lusan
Green Belt
Languages: Spanish(Native)
English (Naïve)
French(Intermediate)
Italian(Intermediate)
Polish(In Alcatraz)

Postby lusan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:35 pm

solocricket wrote:
lusan wrote:
solocricket wrote:is shipping to the US very expensive from there?

I have no idea. I have films sent to my in-laws in Poland. I pick them up when I visit. However, sometimes I buy ebooks by downloads -using paypal.

A good source of non standard vocabulary is Tygodnik Angora. I just discovered it. Voca is probably B2-C1. Easy read.
1 x
Italian, polish, and French dance
FSI Basic French Lessons : 10 / 24 17 of 24 goal

solocricket
Orange Belt

Postby solocricket » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Just finished (very belatedly) lesson 7 of the same University of Pittsburgh textbook. I received Krok po kroku in the mail, but I haven't started it yet.

Reading-wise, I started another Harry Potter book, since the difficulty of my other resources was resulting in my avoiding reading altogether... So, easier it is!
1 x

lusan
Green Belt
Languages: Spanish(Native)
English (Naïve)
French(Intermediate)
Italian(Intermediate)
Polish(In Alcatraz)

Postby lusan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 pm

I bought "Lingea: rozmównik polsko-angielski." I found it to be a wonderful source for colloquial sentences. It is for people English study people ale ma 1,400 haseł głównych i 15,000 przykładowych zdań. Pa pa.
0 x
Italian, polish, and French dance
FSI Basic French Lessons : 10 / 24 17 of 24 goal

solocricket
Orange Belt

Postby solocricket » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Got to 3000 Anki sentences! Quite the milestone. I was hoping to finish Lesson 8 this week, but I don't think that'll happen unless I add cards during the weekend, which I don't typically do.

I want to finish Harry Potter 3 by the end of July, so I'm going to aim at 5% of the book (it's on Kindle) each day.
2 x

Izabelek88
Languages: Polish (N) English (B1)

Postby Izabelek88 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:49 pm

solocricket wrote:Got to 3000 Anki sentences! Quite the milestone. I was hoping to finish Lesson 8 this week, but I don't think that'll happen unless I add cards during the weekend, which I don't typically do.

I want to finish Harry Potter 3 by the end of July, so I'm going to aim at 5% of the book (it's on Kindle) each day.

I really like Harry Potter. Do you want learn Polish with me? I live in Poland so I know polish well☺
But I try learn English☺
1 x

Return to “Language logs”